Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2011, 10:32 AM

debt ceiling, what is next?

Hey u Folks,
If I missed a thread on the debt ceiling please smack me around a little and show me the way to it.

I was up late last night, and I couldn't sleep. I turned on C-Span and got a belly full of indigestion.

I watched President Barack Obama, some republican leaders, and some democratic leaders get up and make speeches about the debt ceiling. They all said the same thing.

It was everyone elses fault that we are in trouble and that they were the only ones that could lead us out of it. It was really tough to sit and listen to everyonw one of them point fingers at eachother. That was the core of every speech and announcement that I heard. Not a one talked about progress that had been made or issues(specific issues) that were on the table. It was all in generalities.

"We cut x $'s with our thoughts but did so in a smart way" or, "We can't do waht x and x want because they will adversally affect this program and this program." Further, "we are doing what the american people wanted" "This is what they voted for" "The president and congress have had two and a half years to fix things and haven't" ..........

We are in trouble folks.

My wife said we need to lock them in a room with pleanty of food and water until they come up with a solution(and no potty breaks).

I suggested we sieze all of their personal assests until they get it fixed.

Both unrealistic, but it is going to take something extreme before any of these clowns get off their duff and look at the real problem: not just look at what they need to do to get re-elected.

Yours truly,
A hopeless cricket