Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-15-2023, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
The NRA is a core element of the GOP.
True, which makes me wonder why they are going after Hunter Biden on a gun-related issue. It seems that would make a lot of NRA folks uncomfortable.
Old 09-15-2023, 02:54 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
True, which makes me wonder why they are going after Hunter Biden on a gun-related issue. It seems that would make a lot of NRA folks uncomfortable.
It seems they were in an eager rush and did not view the angles carefully. It is a laughable moment.
Old 09-15-2023, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post

I don't think this is a strategic move whatsoever by the JD. They simply cannot let Hunter off the hook for political reasons except I would have liked to see them investigate Kushner and his ties to MBS. The gun charge is the simplest on hand and chances are this will get dismissed. Just cannot believe this can be a felony unless he had used the gun. (not challenging the law)
Old 09-15-2023, 04:20 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I don't think this is a strategic move whatsoever by the JD. They simply cannot let Hunter off the hook for political reasons except I would have liked to see them investigate Kushner and his ties to MBS. The gun charge is the simplest on hand and chances are this will get dismissed. Just cannot believe this can be a felony unless he had used the gun. (not challenging the law)
It's almost as if they're deliberately charging a losing case because they're afraid of pushback from MAGAWorld if they don't do something, as was certainly true of Durham's efforts as a Barr-appointed Special Counsel.

As with Durham, Weiss is going to have a hard time getting a conviction for a number of reasons. At least for the time being, Fox News has something to chew on.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:21 AM
Banned

I'm sure this has been spewed before...but I don't have anything else on my plate this morning, so...

This Hunter Biden shit is propaganda being handed to the imbecilic racist schmuck assholes who voted for Trump twice and will do it again whenever the opportunity arises. What House Blubberer McCarthy is saying about investigating how Joe Biden profited from his son's misbehavior is just fucking stupid. Outside of the gun industry, the manufacturers and the sales pimps, how does anybody profit from someone being found in possession of a firearm who has been denied the right to possess a firearm because he has smoked some weed? Nobody profits but the lawyers on both sides. (What a great Constitution, eh?)

So...there's no case...Kevin knows there's no case, because there's no money involved in the case. Reckon how long Kevin will last? Certainly not beyond the 2024 election after the Democrats have won back the US House. But I suspect the Freedom Caucus will figure out a way to get rid of him even though there are only 45 of them. Reckon why the other 177 members of the US House Republican Conference don't have a pair of balls between them. Oh wait, I know...because the 46% of Americans who vote for Republican politicians, don't have a fucking brain between them.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 09-18-2023 at 06:36 AM.