Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-19-2023, 07:32 AM
Banned

Y'know what...I like the Rahmfather...

Yep...I like Rahm a lot. He took over the job in Chicago, the city that Richie Daley left in financial ruins. He had to do a whole bunch of difficult stuff to keep the city afloat....and he did. And his reward? Nothing but grief from every fucking Democrat in Chicago politics...every one of them with their own narrow agenda and racial/ethnic group they were pandering to. He had to shutter a number of public elementary schools, in both white and minority neighborhoods to keep the system going. Everybody hated him for it (when that happened, I knew he was good). Rahm Emanuel was the best Chicago Mayor in my lifetime.

Rahm Emanuel, America’s undiplomatic diplomat, makes more trouble. What is his agenda?

Quote:
We suspected it would be thus when Democratic progressives managed to get President Joe Biden, a longtime Emanuel fan, to turn him down for his desired gig as secretary of transportation (a position for which he was eminently qualified) and assign him to shake hands in a metaphorical Siberia, of function if not of location. Progressives were fine with that, they said at the time, thinking Emanuel would quietly disappear into the salad courses of fancy dinners.

Wrong. (We told you it wouldn’t work out that way.)

And good for him.
Absolutely, good for him. Y'know...I've had a gut full of a number of the members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

The kind of politician I want representing me in the Congress is the politician I have representing me in the Congress...Sean Casten D IL-6.
Old 09-19-2023, 09:03 AM

I understand that Rahm had to make some difficult decisions, but he didn't have to be such an asshole when doing it.

Not a good way to make friends, and one needs friends in politics.
Old 09-19-2023, 09:04 AM
Ready

Even just peaking around the paywall, I can see the Chicago Tribune Editorial Board is full of cheese.
Old 09-19-2023, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
I understand that Rahm had to make some difficult decisions, but he didn't have to be such an asshole when doing it.

Not a good way to make friends, and one needs friends in politics.
Rahm has plenty of good friends. Including a former President of the United States. The fact that the electorate doesn't like him, makes him all the more appreciated by me. What I have observed is that most of the people with whom Rahm was abrupt and even in the habit of using profanity with...typically deserved it.

You may have noticed that I'm an asshole, and in the habit of treating those who are deserving of it, being treated in that fashion. Learnt it all from watching the Rahmfather. There was no Presidential Chief of Staff more effective at shielding his boss from a horde of actual assholes than Rahm.

One of Obama's favorite stories about Emanuel is how, when a teenager working at an Arby's, he sliced off the tip of the middle finger on his right hand. He decided to care for it himself, ended up with two blood infections that almost killed him, and resulted in the amputation of the tip at the first knuckle. Obama often remarked "an injury that left him almost mute." BWAAAHAH!!!

So he's an asshole. He's my kind of asshole. If there's a Democrat that I would have liked to see in a debate with Donald Trump, it's Rahm Emanuel. Whip smart, well educated, with a high factual knowledge of history and politics, and he's an asshole. He would have handed Trump his fat ass on a plate.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 09-19-2023 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:53 PM
Jigsawed

More supremacist bullshit.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:01 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Explain, please.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Explain, please.
Yeah, I'd like to hear that one.
Old 09-19-2023, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
The fact that the electorate doesn't like him, makes him all the more appreciated by me.
OK, but the mayor is elected and the electorate not liking him presents a problem had he wanted to continue being mayor.

Wrong job for his personality type.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
OK, but the mayor is elected and the electorate not liking him presents a problem had he wanted to continue being mayor.

Wrong job for his personality type.
So...Dr. Freud, what's his personality disorder?

Last edited by Ike Bana; 09-20-2023 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Even just peaking around the paywall, I can see the Chicago Tribune Editorial Board is full of cheese.
That's one opinion.

PS - my one year subscription to the Trib cost me a buck. Some massive paywall.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 09-20-2023 at 08:56 AM.