Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Yeah you want to limit thought and expression.
What, does he call for you to be banned from posting? No, he just finds your position so horrible, he wants to not look at it again. Isn't that his right? Or do you want the reading of your posts to be mandatory?

You consider yourself logical and others emotional? How is calling someone "dumb dumb dumb" not an emotional argument?
Old 09-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
What, does he call for you to be banned from posting? No, he just finds your position so horrible, he wants to not look at it again. Isn't that his right? Or do you want the reading of your posts to be mandatory?

You consider yourself logical and others emotional? How is calling someone "dumb dumb dumb" not an emotional argument?
"dumb dumb dumb" referring to German leadership is a logical conclusion, not an emotional one.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:18 AM

So, your contention is that, because a few jihadists MAY have infiltrated the refugees, they should all be excluded as pariahs?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
They would have never needed to go anywhere if Obama didn't cut and run out of Iraq and Afghanistan and not hold his red line with Syria.

The mans failed policies is what we have today. Obama's Vacuum.
Go back to the last severely flawed administration to squarely place ALL the blame. Believe and say what you want but Saddam held in check the area. We would of been better served if old practices of replacing generals had happened.

As an example of the way I look at things, seen a bumper sticker yesterday.

It went something like this...

Clinton lied four died!

To this,

I say Bush lied and many thousands died!

All this President is attempting is to let the locals figure it out. The results are what they are. A serious look needs to bring that part of the world into the fold of modern society. Not the old still practiced rob the riches and leave the locals wanting a holdover from colonial days.

Barney
Old 09-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Ready

Quote:
"dumb dumb dumb" referring to German leadership is a logical conclusion, not an emotional one.
"I see a flaw in their decision-making" might be a logical conclusion. "Dumb dumb dumb" is emotion-based argument by insult.

And understand I view emotion as unavoidable. Human thinking is unimaginable without it, and it's the source of all values, if you drill down. I just argue with the claim 'You're emotional, I'm logical." This is generally not true.

It's likely what you mean is 'I have logic that contradicts your emotion." That's legitimate when true, but it's generally a lot less true than people think. We rationalize like nuts.

Last edited by donquixote99; 09-07-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Orban is essentially anti Muslim, he does not need any camp.
And there you have it. Orban is indeed anti-Muslim, driven by hatred for them because the Ottoman Empire ran Hungary for a couple hundred years. He even said so.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
You don't suppose the Rothschilds are behind this, do you? After all, they're behind everything, right? So, it would be "logical" to suppose this was another of their sinister plots, right?

http://politicalchat.org/showpost.ph...5&postcount=19
http://politicalchat.org/showpost.ph...4&postcount=46
Old 09-07-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
So, your contention is that, because a few jihadists MAY have infiltrated the refugees, they should all be excluded as pariahs?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
No, Steve, his point (and Orban's point) is that, by definition, all Muslims are pariahs.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Go back to the last severely flawed administration to squarely place ALL the blame. Believe and say what you want but Saddam held in check the area. We would of been better served if old practices of replacing generals had happened.

As an example of the way I look at things, seen a bumper sticker yesterday.

It went something like this...

Clinton lied four died!

To this,

I say Bush lied and many thousands died!

All this President is attempting is to let the locals figure it out. The results are what they are. A serious look needs to bring that part of the world into the fold of modern society. Not the old still practiced rob the riches and leave the locals wanting a holdover from colonial days.

Barney
If you consider the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis who have died and the millions displaced, "many thousands" is an obscenely trivial term.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
If you consider the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis who have died and the millions displaced, "many thousands" is an obscenely trivial term.

I agree totally, but when considering those who still think we were justified. I firmly believe they never think or consider the many many more thousands you now mentioned.

Also if I had mentioned the true figure, in the millions. The arguments to the contrary would of clouded the discussion.

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 09-07-2015 at 02:43 PM.