Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
U.S. candidate Huckabee: Obama marching Israelis to 'door of the oven'

Another brilliant comment by the Fuckster from Fox.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0Q00TQ20150726
These people are so damned dumb, they can't see that it's NOT a matter of trusting the Iranis. It's a matter of being intelligent enough to recognize that what we've been doing since the 1970s IS NOT WORKING..............

They obviously don't give a shit when we threaten military action. It only makes it worse...........HELLO!
Old 07-26-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
These people are so damned dumb, they can't see that it's NOT a matter of trusting the Iranis. It's a matter of being intelligent enough to recognize that what we've been doing since the 1970s IS NOT WORKING..............

They obviously don't give a shit when we threaten military action. It only makes it worse...........HELLO!
Not only that Dave, this is not a unilateral agreement between the US and Iran but between Iran and our western allies plus China. Yet the implication he is making is that Obama administration has entered into an agreement with Iran and somehow the US Congress can nix it. The ignorance they feed their flock!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:37 PM

For a minister Huckabee loves to use hate speech. Would he cast a white President as a Nazi?
Old 07-26-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
For a minister Huckabee loves to use hate speech.
A lot of preachers do.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:32 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
As someone who has an undergraduate degree from Arkansas during the meteoric rise of Bill Clinton, I have been aware of Huck for a long, long time. In general, I have always believed his heart is in the right place. That said, as his political aspirations have overtaken, he has moved further right and become more shrill. (Or, he has always been this way and had me snowed.)

Any "oven" reference strikes me as particularly distasteful simply because I'm not certain he actually buys his own -- decade recent -- BS. But he's not campaigning for the state anymore, he's trying to woo a VP nomination on a national level by acting the religious hardliner.

1. I'm not buying anything but a sellout.
2. He doesn't have to win AR, locals don't matter.
3. This is about bold ambition.

That's very un-Christian from the reverend.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
A lot of preachers do.
Yeah

I guess it is the lack of embarrassment or shame on the part of the GOP that makes this so sad. None in his party will refute him or tell him to apologize.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:09 PM

Obama's foreign policy feckless?

After under Bush we destroyed Iraq as a country, created ISIS by destroying the Iraqi army, lost nearly 5000 American lives, killed thousands more Iraqis in the process...well you get the drift...it is all Obama's fault.

We thought we were bringing democracy to Iraq when we actually were taking away Iraqi army pensions. No wonder the average ex-Sunni army officer is in no hurry to support the US installed Shite government in Baghdad.

If Assad falls and ISIS rules Damascus they will blame Obama for not saving Iran's ally when they use that same alliance as an excuse to oppose the nuclear deal.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:17 PM

Walker Has The Solution

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ef=mostpopular

yeah right

Last edited by icenine; 08-09-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:26 PM

By Mary Ellen Klas

Herald/Times Tallahassee Bureau

TALLAHASSEE

Gov. Rick Scott has agreed to spend $700,000 in taxpayer money to settle seven public records lawsuits alleging he and several members of his staff violated state law when they created email accounts to shield their communications from state public records laws and then withheld the documents.

The lawsuits were filed by Steven R. Andrews, a Tallahassee attorney who has been embroiled in litigation with Scott since 2012, when the governor wanted the state to buy a building in which Andrews’ firm is located near the governor’s mansion.

The settlement, first obtained by the Herald/Times Tallahassee bureau, is precedent-setting in that it is the first time in state history that a sitting governor and attorney general have been sued successfully for violations of Florida’s public records laws. It is also the third legal defeat in recent months for the governor, and the second time he has agreed to use state dollars to end a lawsuit against him. Also signing the agreement is Attorney General Pam Bondi.

Scott and the Cabinet in June agreed to pay $55,000 to St. Petersburg lawyer Matthew Weidner, open government advocacy groups and several media organizations, including the Miami Herald and Tampa Bay Times, who accused Scott and the Cabinet of violating the state’s open meeting laws when they allowed staff to use back channels to oust former Florida Department of Law Enforcement Commissioner Gerald Bailey with no public discussion or vote.

“We settled, and it was the right thing to do for the state,” said Scott spokeswoman Jackie Schutz.

Andrews would not comment.

“It is clear this governor has made a calculated decision that violating the constitutional rights is the cost of doing business — a cost he doesn’t have to bear,” said Weidner, whose case against the governor and Cabinet was settled in July. “While these numbers are shocking, you can’t calculate the cost to citizens of the state for government that is operating in darkness. The real costs will be borne in years to come for a government that operates in contempt for fundamental right to records.”

The Weidner case has cost the state more than $225,000 in legal fees, not including the legal fees from the governor’s office. Scott’s office has not disclosed how much they state money was spent to defend the governor in either the Weidner case or the Andrews lawsuits, despite repeated requests from the Herald/Times Tallahassee bureau.

Barbara Petersen, president of the First Amendment Foundation, which advocates for the state’s Sunshine laws, was also disappointed in the governor.

“Gov. Scott, while touting fiscal restraint and conservatism, has played fast and loose with our constitutional right of access to our government and we Floridians are paying the price, both literally and figuratively,” she said. 

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...#storylink=cpy

Taking Cruz lessons is he?

Carl
Old 08-12-2015, 09:04 AM

Frontrunner On Planned Parenthood

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ef=mostpopular