Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
Russia could kill more Europeans by cutting off their heating oil and natural gas supply then any aggressive military action. Venezuela just isn't capable of supplying that much and I doubt they would be willing to go against the BRICS nations.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...-threatens-cut

It is the smartest move Putin could make. I don't like the guy but when the furnaces quit working in EU he will have won without firing a shot.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...-threatens-cut

"All the dominoes are tumbling now. Moments after the Russian upper house of parliament approved the decision to use Russian troops in the Ukraine as expected, Ukraine's acting president called an emergency meeting of security chiefs according to his spokeswoman. Oleksander Turchinov summoned his Security Council after Russian President Vladimir Putin sought parliamentary approval to deploy Russian forces in the Ukrainian region of Crimea. At this point the biggest and perhaps final wildcard is whether NATO does or does not get involved. If it does, and if Russia does not back off - which it has clearly telegraphed it won't - futures may be looking at a limit down open on Sunday.

And while military escalation is now an official reality instead of merely YouTube clips of unidentified crap troops , Russia just sent another major warning shot across the bow when it issued several warnings on Saturday that Ukraine may lose a discount to the gas price it now pays to Gazprom due to Kiev's outstanding gas debt. Russia's state gas company Gazprom estimates Ukraine's outstanding gas debt at $1.55 billion for 2013 and gas deliveries so far this year. This of course, was Russia's trump card from the very beginning. Via Reuters:".......
Old 03-02-2014, 06:38 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Dave I rarely take suggestions from my inferiors. It is illogical and never works out well.
Let me help you out with what "Communist" means and you can figure out how it fits the lefts soc ial ist agenda more than the conservatives. You seem very confused most of the time.
"The governments labeled by other governments as " communist" generally claimed that they had set up a transitional so************************t system. ..."
As a proud soc i alist you should at least know what you claim to be at the very least.
I'm not confused at all. The ultimate goal of communism was (purportedly) anarchy. (Yes, I have read Marx too.) Of course, that doesn't work either. It doesn't work because human beings seek wealth, power and the control these things bring, no matter what system they operate under. Assuming everyone will play nice and work towards the common good with no oversight is all rainbows and unicorns. It's fairytale Tea Party nonsense. Public or private, if we allow too much freedom for either one, there WILL be abuses. If you give private interests unchecked freedom, they too can accrue undue influence over our lives. In fact, at times they have done just that. They are doing it now, with their dogged and all too often successful attempts at buying politicians and gaining control of our Democracy to serve purely selfish goals.

I agree we need to strengthen our Democracy and strive towards a less corruptible model. Simply handing limitless wealth and power to either the public or private sector or any combination thereof is not the answer.

It was a Conservative court that ruled corporations are people. It was Conservatives who foisted this "Trickle Down" economic theory horseshit upon us. It is Conservatives who continue to battle any citizens group who dares to oppose corporate power. It is Conservative who continue to exhibit the most egregious fealty to the MIC. Shall I go on?

You're a damned fool if you think weak government is the answer. The wolves and the shysters stand poised and ready to rip people off at will when the day comes that you get your wish.

Hell, they're bad enough as it is.

Maybe that's YOU? I dunno. You have some sort of now illegal scam, sham or flim-flam you plan on running on the elderly or some shit like that?

Dave
Old 03-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Area Man

Russia has had a powerful presence in the Ukraine for decades.

Have the "furnaces in the EU" ever shut down, you idiot?

If you want to go to war with Russia in the Ukraine, go ahead. I'm sure you can find it. You might have a hard time of it on your own, however.

Dave
Old 03-02-2014, 07:04 AM

Are you seriously that history challenged? Of course they have shut down the furnaces in South Eastern Europe before. To be exact in 2009.
http://www.oxfordenergy.org/wpcms/wp...cevic-2009.pdf
Old 03-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Persona non grata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ynY5NvYsZY
Old 03-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Are you seriously that history challenged? Of course they have shut down the furnaces in South Eastern Europe before. To be exact in 2009.
http://www.oxfordenergy.org/wpcms/wp...cevic-2009.pdf
Woooooo, that really brought the world to it's knees.

Dave
Old 03-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Mutated Member

Obama had a 90 minutes phone call with Putin. I think that is not a bad sign.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:40 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
Obama had a 90 minutes phone call with Putin. I think that is not a bad sign.
Me either. But, some folks around here might assume this means Obama and Putin are hatching some nefarious plot against the United States.

Dave
Old 03-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Persona non grata

This is bringing back some fond memories of my childhood during the cold war years.

Ah, the nostalgia!

I really miss the good old days when the Rooskies were our enemies instead of these damned Camel Jockey's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89od_W8lMtA

Last edited by Tom Joad; 03-02-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:17 AM

Dave changing your statement to "world instead of what you actually said "Europe" trying to recover from your lack of knowledge isn't bought by anyone but you.
You said "Have the "furnaces in the EU" ever shut down, you idiot?" and the answer is "yes"

Im actually a bit embarrassed for you. Checking your facts before calling someone else an "idiot" might save you future embarrassment.
I will be the bigger person though and accept your..............