Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
He's not, but that's exactly what Obama DID do. Nary a peep from you about it at the time.

This is Finn's definition of "humanely as possible, I guess.

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/up...-450883206.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/up...6/RTR3UIXO.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/up...6/RTR3UJAE.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/up...6/RTR3UIYE.jpg

Trump is following the law. Period. Trump did not create the system that houses/details illegals at the border, nor the facilities that have been overcrowded and understaffed for the volume for years. Because prior administrations addressed the issue - non-comprehensively - via prosecutorial discretion (there it is again), or as the Mother Jones article pointed out, simply opting to detain families indefinitely (and "sending a message at the same time").

Bottom line - you probably don't give a crap about these kids. To you, its simply an issue that you can distort, inflate and then leverage as some sort of cynical political hammer.

You watch: if something is done to fix the separation issue, someone will sue over it, and it likely won't be a "right wing" person or group that brings the suit. If that happens, the motivation won't be to "help the kids". It'll be to keep the political waters roiled.

We need to comprehensively fix this, so its not left to future administrations to dance around the law with executive orders or patchwork legislation.
I need to break out my hipwaders. You are projecting again, Mike.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Ha! Almost spit out my coffee laughing so hard.

You’re describing Donny and his idiot followers, like you, to a “T”.
No shit. Is there anybody with less self-awareness than Whell (other than his Dear Leader)?
Old 06-20-2018, 01:58 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You watch: if something is done to fix the separation issue, someone will sue over it, and it likely won't be a "right wing" person or group that brings the suit. If that happens, the motivation won't be to "help the kids". It'll be to keep the political waters roiled.
I see you're parroting Rush again (he said exactly this a couple of hours ago), though you may have inadvertently stumbled on to Trump's apparent ploy without knowing it (courtesy of Josh Marshall):

The President says he’s signing an executive order to end family separations. The actual aim seems to be to pick a fight with the courts and allow separations to continue while blaming judges. According to The New York Times, the President will sign an executive order allowing children to be detained indefinitely with their parents. The problem is that that violates a 1997 consent decree saying that you can’t detain/imprison children for more than 20 days (technically what’s currently happening isn’t detention). It straight up violates that order. So what will almost inevitably happen is that a court will step in, say you can’t do that and then Trump will announce that the judge is forcing him to keep separating families.

Last edited by finnbow; 06-20-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:04 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I see you're parroting Rush again (he said exactly this a couple of hours ago), though you may have inadvertently stumbled on to something (courtesy of Josh Marshall):

The President says he’s signing an executive order to end family separations. The actual aim seems to be to pick a fight with the courts and allow separations to continue while blaming judges. According to The New York Times, the President will sign an executive order allowing children to be detained indefinitely with their parents. The problem is that that violates a 1997 consent decree saying that you can’t detain/imprison children for more than 20 days (technically what’s currently happening isn’t detention). It straight up violates that order. So what will almost inevitably happen is that a court will step in, say you can’t do that and then Trump will announce that the judge is forcing him to keep separating families.
Cue up a screed from our resident Trumpfbot about activist judges. In three, two, one...
Old 06-20-2018, 02:07 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

United Airlines said in a statement on Wednesday that it had informed the US government that it "should not" fly children who have been separated from their families by immigration officials on its planes.

"Our company's shared purpose is to connect people and unite the world," United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz said in the statement. "This policy and its impact on thousands of children is in deep conflict with that mission and we want no part of it."

United's statement comes hours after a similar announcement from American Airlines, in which the Texas-based carrier said, "The family separation process that has been widely publicized is not at all aligned with the values of American Airlines — we bring families together, not apart. "

http://www.businessinsider.com/unite...-planes-2018-6
Old 06-20-2018, 02:12 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
United Airlines said in a statement on Wednesday that it had informed the US government that it "should not" fly children who have been separated from their families by immigration officials on its planes.

"Our company's shared purpose is to connect people and unite the world," United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz said in the statement. "This policy and its impact on thousands of children is in deep conflict with that mission and we want no part of it."

United's statement comes hours after a similar announcement from American Airlines, in which the Texas-based carrier said, "The family separation process that has been widely publicized is not at all aligned with the values of American Airlines — we bring families together, not apart. "

http://www.businessinsider.com/unite...-planes-2018-6
Cool!
Old 06-20-2018, 02:15 PM
Admin

In other news, this happened on Faux News last night.

PETKANAS: “I read today about a 10-year-old girl with Down syndrome who was taken from her mother and put in a cage…”
LEWANDOWSKI: “Womp womp.”
PETKANAS: “Did you just say ‘womp womp’ to a 10-year-old with Down syndrome being taken from her mother? How dare you?”

There is something dead and putrifying in the souls of Republicans.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:18 PM

Waiting for wingnut “News” outlets to start denouncing AA, United and whichever other airlines sign on to this sane policy...
Old 06-20-2018, 02:58 PM

Frank Thorp V

@frankthorp
And the word “Separation” is misspelled in the title of the executive order, because, of course it is: pic.twitter.com/GtXj1hPh6D
12:34 PM - Jun 20, 2018 · Washington, DC

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-updates-live

And, of course, it puts the blame squarely on Congress, not on Stephen Miller, where the cruel policy originated...
Old 06-20-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
In other news, this happened on Faux News last night.

PETKANAS: “I read today about a 10-year-old girl with Down syndrome who was taken from her mother and put in a cage…”
LEWANDOWSKI: “Womp womp.”
PETKANAS: “Did you just say ‘womp womp’ to a 10-year-old with Down syndrome being taken from her mother? How dare you?”
You're right. He shouldn't have said "womp womp" or whatever that was. He should have just told Petkanas to either verify his story or STFU.

Hilarious how the MSM is spinning this now. This is a headline one of you guys could have written:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ome/716645002/
Closed Thread