Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Then you can use your bathwater to fuel your furnace.

Pete
Old 01-16-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I still can't get over the fact that there is no regulation concerning this type of chemical storage. It's outside and in large volume for crying out loud.

Dave
From what I saw on MSNBC the coal companies basically tell the regulators in WV what to do. The company that leaked that stuff into the water was/is a chemical supplier to the coal industry there...hence the lack of oversight.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
From what I saw on MSNBC the coal companies basically tell the regulators in WV what to do. The company that leaked that stuff into the water was/is a chemical supplier to the coal industry there...hence the lack of oversight.
Morever, I saw where the company pumped out the remaining chemical from the tanks at the sight in question and transported it to another site. WV state authorities then chose to inspect the new site and saw a number of infractions similar to those that allowed/caused the previous spill.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/c...-site-21540955
Old 01-16-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Morever, I saw where the company pumped out the remaining chemical from the tanks at the sight in question and transported it to another site. WV state authorities then chose to inspect the new site and saw a number of infractions similar to those that allowed/caused the previous spill.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/c...-site-21540955
Yeah the events are showing that there is basically no regular oversight on these places....no employee training for 10 years? Why worry about it if the state does not care.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Admin

...and the other shoe drops. Freedom Industries filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection today.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Area Man

Have you guys seen the latest on this?
Old 01-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Area Man

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201401170030

Read it carefully, now.

See, Freedom Industries went into bankruptcy for back taxes dating to 2010. It has since been bought out by a company owned by the same man who runs another company that owns..........(Drum roll please.);

Freedom Industries.

Dave
Old 01-19-2014, 12:51 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201401170030

Read it carefully, now.

See, Freedom Industries went into bankruptcy for back taxes dating to 2010. It has since been bought out by a company owned by the same man who runs another company that owns..........(Drum roll please.);

Freedom Industries.

Dave
Ahh, freedom.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Area Man

I'm still thinking the public owes Freedom Industries an apology for putting Charleston in the way of it's toxic waste runoff. Then we should forgive all of their tax debt and give them a cut, because obviously they don't intend to pay taxes or any other debts they owe anyways. Being a polluting debt deadbeat is exemplary of the highest True American, Sons of the Revolution, Freedom Loving Patriot tradition and we should celebrate it.

Dave
Old 01-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
I'm still thinking the public owes Freedom Industries an apology for putting Charleston in the way of it's toxic waste runoff. Then we should forgive all of their tax debt and give them a cut, because obviously they don't intend to pay taxes or any other debts they owe anyways. Being a polluting debt deadbeat is exemplary of the highest True American, Sons of the Revolution, Freedom Loving Patriot tradition and we should celebrate it.

Dave
Absolutely.

These are the, and Hank Reardons, Howard Roarks and John Galts that carry the rest of us lazy slackers on their shoulders and for that we should be eternally grateful.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 01-20-2014 at 09:16 AM.