Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Correct. Therefore, I believe that the phrase "In God We Trust" has become a "cultural icon", just like the Christmas tree. Therefore, there should be no objection to Georgia wishing to imprint a cultural icon on its license plates. If someone objects the the cultural icon on their license plate, why should tax payers be forced to foot the bill to cover up the icon? Let the individual who objects pay to cover it up.
My way nobody pays for anything other than a piece of metal with a number stamped on it.

But, if you want to get down to it, here in VA we have personalized plates. You can have mountains, a beach scene, military/patriotic regalia......there is a large assortment of themes to choose from, including religion base symbols and what-not. But you pay extra for it. And that is how it should be. I don't see why everyone should have to have someone elses superstitions, delusions or hobbies displayed on their plates, then have to pay to have it masked.

I'm thinking it's just another pathetic, immature effort on the part of some people to protect dying mythologies and press their beliefs on others.

Dave