Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-02-2022, 12:19 PM

Over 10,000 govt docs without classified markings were seized from MAGA-Lardo, DOJ says
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...oj-s-rcna46064

Quote:
The Justice Department court filing, filed under seal earlier this week but unsealed by a judge Friday, also shows investigators found more than 40 empty folders with "classified" banners on them at Mar-a-Lago. It's unclear what happened to the information that had been inside the folders.

They also found almost four dozen empty folders marked "Return to Staff Secretary/Military Aide," according to the detailed property inventory.
Sold by the Little Prince to the Saudis for their $2B "investment" in his "investment" fund?

Only someone as dumb as Whell would believe these documents belong to Donny.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:24 PM

Oh, and naturally, Whell titles this thread with the word "Raid", a politically charged, Reich-wing tag.

‘The Opposite of a Raid’
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ecords/671099/
Old 09-02-2022, 01:27 PM

I heard a little while ago on NPR they also found some empty Top Secret folders. Haven't been able to find the files to go in them.

Found this...
https://www.aol.com/news/mar-lago-in...173539411.html

Last edited by Oerets; 09-02-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-02-2022, 01:30 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Nope. That's not calling anyone a bad guy. At worst, it hearkens back to this comment by Chuck S:

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

In this case, it was the FBI and Justice.
More 'whataboutist' bullcrap. smh
Old 09-02-2022, 02:41 PM
Admin

'Trump and the Mar-a-Lago documents: A timeline' by The Washington Post

'Key moments in the nearly 19 months between Donald Trump’s leaving the White House and the FBI’s searching his Florida home on Aug. 8'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ump-documents/

This shows how much deference was paid to this lifelong petty and gross criminal. The feds should've gone in long before to retrieve this US government property.
Old 09-02-2022, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Oh, and naturally, Whell titles this thread with the word "Raid", a politically charged, Reich-wing tag.

‘The Opposite of a Raid’
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ecords/671099/
He is our pipeline for Reich-Wing "mediaspeak" after all
I saw where a MAGAmoron whined about why was the FBI, during the SEARCH, armed with assault type weapons instead of just handguns. The FBI agents knew that with so many radicalized tRumpkins running loose in FL an ounce of prevention (intimidation?) was a smarter way to go.
Old 09-03-2022, 12:09 PM

U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon, seems to be running interference for Trump and should not be ruling in this case. His legal team is seeking a favorable ruling from a judge with scant experience and whom he appointed two years or so ago. After his election loss and Joe Biden taking the oath of office, Trump has no executive privilege.

Now that other documents are missing, time for a coordinated search of his Florida, NY and NJ homes and offices. The JD has nothing to lose now, his theft of documents are well established and the wingnuts have gone ballistic any way. The more the Trump's rabid base is riled up, better for democracy and Democrats. The GOP loves to keep harping on National Security and how does Trump stealing classified documents not threaten our national security? And Barr's comments has helped the Justice Department's case since he made them on Faux.

"Ex-President has stolen classified documents, our national security is at risk and we aim to get them back and find out what happened to the missing ones or did he give them to a foreign agent?" should be their stated objective, nothing less.
Old 09-03-2022, 12:35 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon, seems to be running interference for Trump and should not be ruling in this case. His legal team is seeking a favorable ruling from a judge with scant experience and whom he appointed two years or so ago. After his election loss and Joe Biden taking the oath of office, Trump has no executive privilege.

Now that other documents are missing, time for a coordinated search of his Florida, NY and NJ homes and offices. The JD has nothing to lose now, his theft of documents are well established and the wingnuts have gone ballistic any way. The more the Trump's rabid base is riled up, better for democracy and Democrats. The GOP loves to keep harping on National Security and how does Trump stealing classified documents not threaten our national security? And Barr's comments has helped the Justice Department's case since he made them on Faux.

"Ex-President has stolen classified documents, our national security is at risk and we aim to get them back and find out what happened to the missing ones or did he give them to a foreign agent?" should be their stated objective, nothing less.
Exactly right. Finding out what happened to missing documents should involve the extended 'debriefing' of the ex-president and his associates, as a counter-intelligence matter. But unlike the ex-president, I do not advocate the use of waterboarding, etc....
Old 09-03-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Exactly right. Finding out what happened to missing documents should involve the extended 'debriefing' of the ex-president and his associates, as a counter-intelligence matter. But unlike the ex-president, I do not advocate the use of waterboarding, etc....
Offer Trump blanket immunity since I am betting that he will never be prosecuted and/or convicted. If two impeachments didn't stick, doubt this will either. He will be permanently branded as a traitor, discredited, silenced and hopefully exiled. If not throw the book at him now, raid everyplace he has been to since getting evicted from the WH and hell with the elections. In the end this will only help the Democrats (Independent voters who see them as pandering to the progressive wing) for bringing a traitor to justice.

I am also betting that the missing documents have been given away or sold. Anyone handling extremely important or sensitive documents usually return them to their folders.
Old 09-03-2022, 01:15 PM