Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Abortion is just wrong. Period.
Fine, don't have one if it bothers you.
Easy peasy.
Old 04-12-2024, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Go ahead and have a vasectomy then, problem solved.
Do you realize that Ireland, the most Catholic of countries legalized abortion recently.
Old 04-13-2024, 02:11 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Do you realize that Ireland, the most Catholic of countries legalized abortion recently.
Yeah!
People, especially the so called progressives, have normalized abortion...just another event.
As a result a characteristic of such residence is an extraordinary outpouring of love for cats and dogs.
Dogs are seen in the latest styles. They are dressed in waistcoats and even have dark glasses. WTF. The noise of children is absent.
The only group of people that I have encountered who tend to buck this trend is the Hispanic.

Last edited by Dondilion; 04-13-2024 at 03:56 AM.
Old 04-13-2024, 07:12 AM

Quote:
That's your belief and you have every right to it. Those holding that belief have no right to, by deed or by law, impose it on anyone else however. Thein lies the rub. Some folks having that belief feel they have a God given right to impose their will on others irrespective of God giving man free will as to what they choose to believe.
Old 04-13-2024, 09:29 AM

In a perfect world there would never be a need for a aborted pregnancy. Last i checked we were far from one.

I question the religious argument for the right to life. It they truly are of faith believing in a heaven, life after death. Then the embryo would bypass the suffering here on earth and go straight to heaven. Yet if they have doubt in their faith, think there is only one shot no heaven to go to. It makes more sense why one would think like they do.

Besides our country was founded on the separation of church and state. The freedom from religion in our lives. Hence the reason why so many have came to this country in it's beginning. Many of the founding fathers knew well the dangers of religion when unchecked.
Old 04-13-2024, 09:52 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
That's your belief and you have every right to it. Those holding that belief have no right to, by deed or by law, impose it on anyone else however. Thein lies the rub. Some folks having that belief feel they have a God given right to impose their will on others irrespective of God giving man free will as to what they choose to believe.
Exactly. I'm personally opposed to discretionary abortion, but I don't feel I have the right to tell anyone else how to act in this regard. In other words, I'm anti-abortion but pro-choice.

On the flip side, I'm opposed to the death penalty while it seems that most "pro-life" people are pro death penalty, something that simply doesn't add up in my mind.
Old 04-13-2024, 10:10 AM

Knowing as a man would never have to make the choice for myself. Luckily never as a partner had to either. My personal feeling is abortion should not be a form of birth control. There are so many other forms of birth control available.

Yet never faced an unwanted pregnancy and never will now. So do not know how I would of reacted.

I do know people will still seek out and have abortions legal or not. So having them legal and preformed by professionals makes sense.
Old 04-13-2024, 10:17 AM

Some of the anti-abortion crowd now that Roe v Wade is repealed now want to go after the availability of contraceptives. What's up with that?
Old 04-13-2024, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Knowing as a man would never have to make the choice for myself. Luckily never as a partner had to either. My personal feeling is abortion should not be a form of birth control. There are so many other forms of birth control available.

Yet never faced an unwanted pregnancy and never will now. So do not know how I would of reacted.

I do know people will still seek out and have abortions legal or not. So having them legal and preformed by professionals makes sense.
Precisely my belief also, best is to avoid need for abortion if at all possible. But if it happens, why ban it based on someone else's religious beliefs, religion being the greatest fraud of all?
Old 04-13-2024, 10:32 AM

What bends my noggin is the notion by supposedly religious folk that a pregnancy resulting from rape or incest is somehow God's will and because of that must be not be ended.