Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:41 AM

You started it by lumping me as a lefty or demo whell.. Just using your terms to put you where you seem to wanna fit...
Old 10-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Hey leftie

Backflips aside, LaRouche ran for the Dem nomination, not the GOP one. He tended to be a technocrat which I could see appealing to some elements of the left. Plus, running from jail should appeal to some of the current protesters

He did publish an interesting science journal, 'Fusion', which my dad read and tried to explain to us (me & sis). One article stuck with me (the title anyway) - 'A non-quarkish look at gluons.'

Pete
Old 10-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Hey leftie

Backflips aside, LaRouche ran for the Dem nomination, not the GOP one. He tended to be a technocrat which I could see appealing to some elements of the left. Plus, running from jail should appeal to some of the current protesters

He did publish an interesting science journal, 'Fusion', which my dad read and tried to explain to us (me & sis). One article stuck with me (the title anyway) - 'A non-quarkish look at gluons.'

Pete
I'm not sure he's much whackier than many in this year's batch of GOP Republican candidates. He's certainly no crazier than Bachmann.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm not sure he's much whackier than many in this year's batch of GOP Republican candidates. He's certainly no crazier than Bachmann.
Comparing a good Democrat to Bachmann. I didn't think that you had the iron to do such a thing! I am impressed!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazygrrl View Post
Comparing a good Democrat to Bachmann. I didn't think that you had the iron to do such a thing! I am impressed!
I would argue that neither are good for their respective chosen parties. What's most troubling to me is the fact that such lunatics can actually have followings in this country (though Bachmann's appears larger). It's a sad commentary on how ignorant and willing to be misled many of our countrymen are.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:31 AM

I'm pretty sure he's not 100% upstairs.

Whew, when I saw the thread title, I was pretty sure it was about me.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazygrrl View Post
Colonel Kaddaffi (or however the current spelling is)
Just a note- there is no question surrounding the spelling of his name. We just don't have the same letters in our alphabet, so there are several ways to translate it. We're used to seeing foreign names from languages that share, for the most part, the same root as English so they don't have to translate. Berlusconi is just Berlusconi. There are no keys on your keyboard to spell Gaddafi correctly.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I would argue that neither are good for their respective chosen parties. What's most troubling to me is the fact that such lunatics can actually have followings in this country (though Bachmann's appears larger). It's a sad commentary on how ignorant and willing to be misled many of our countrymen are.
The difference is that the "gentleman" is a lunatic. I believe that he is troubled in many ways. That he is simply unstable perhaps. Mrs. Bachmann is not. She is merely the latest "whipping post" of the general media as she is a political conservative woman. That is something which is not supposed to exist, just like a Black Republican (Dr. Alan Keyes), a political conservative gay man (George Takai), a transgendered politically conservative (Julia Romans), or Hispanic Republican (Gloria Estefan)... This is the modus the media had with Palin. It had nothing to do with ability, but everything with ideology. Leftist crazies, like Jessie Jackson Jr., for example, who say all kinds of outlandish things, are hardly ever covered. This is an unbecoming duplicity.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
No sweetie, that one is still in the oven!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Perhaps a Kucinich/LaRouche ticket? 'This Year, Why Not The Wackiest?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
LMAO! I'm sure we can arrainge it

Pete