Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Joe Biden says:

"Even though 50-some percent of the American people think the economy tanked because of the last administration, that's not relevant," the vice president said. "What's relevant is we're in charge."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/j...203337507.html

I see Joe has escaped from the attic again.

He's right, but you just don't say those things in public.

Chas
Old 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Loyal Opposition

I disagree. It's part of setting up Congress. The administration has realized that saying that the shape of the economy is Bush's fault will not connect with the voting public (even though it is true). By saying that we're the ones in office, he's scoring points for honesty; but it will also allow the administration to point to Congress' failure to pass his jobs bill as a cause of continued unemployment. Keeping it in the present means that the way things are belongs to everyone who is in office. That allows the admin to share the blame with an even more unpopular congress. I think old Joe was crazy like a fox this time.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-30-2011, 08:22 AM
Resident octogenarian

Come on people, what is the choice? Perry, Bachman, Santorum, Paul et. al. are babbling idiots, Cain is in the backpocket of the wealthy, and Romney's "business expertise" consists of leveraged buyouts of companies, loading them with debt then selling them off. So how is that any different the what Congress has done to America? Christie, if he does not lose weight is a coronary looking for a place to happen so if he runs his choice of VP will be of tremendous importance. Newtie was on Newshour last night and he is so full of himself it is embarassing.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Look at the Dems in 08 though, a former First Lady and a 2 year Senator. You never know what'll happen, Bill Clinton springs to mind.

Dave, I'm having a beer in your honor tonight. Maybe 2 or 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I see Joe has escaped from the attic again.
LMAO!!!

Pete
Old 09-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Look at the Dems in 08 though, a former First Lady and a 2 year Senator. You never know what'll happen, Bill Clinton springs to mind.

LMAO!!!

Pete
At least they were both sane.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I disagree. It's part of setting up Congress. The administration has realized that saying that the shape of the economy is Bush's fault will not connect with the voting public (even though it is true). By saying that we're the ones in office, he's scoring points for honesty; but it will also allow the administration to point to Congress' failure to pass his jobs bill as a cause of continued unemployment. Keeping it in the present means that the way things are belongs to everyone who is in office. That allows the admin to share the blame with an even more unpopular congress. I think old Joe was crazy like a fox this time.

Regards,

D-Ray
Some clown attacked me on Facebook earlier this week. Started going on about Reagan and the conservative movement....Anyhow, he asked, "What, you don't think we've done an excellent job?" I said, "Of course you have. Isn't it obvious? You guys always leave things in wonderful shape. No chickens coming home to roost here, are there? Look!! We just extended the Bush tax cuts for the second time! YIPPIE!!! Think the economy will spring to life now?" I haven't heard from him since.

Then there was the old classmate from Texas, who wanted to brag about Gov. Perry being a "....solid Christian man.". I asked her, "How'd the governors Big Tent Prayin' for Rain hullabaloo work out, Gayle? Looks to me like the place dried up some more and burst into flames. Maybe God doesn't care for old slick hairs bullshit anymore than the rest of us do?" She's gone MIA as well.

Dave
Old 09-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post

Pete
"Let them drink beer that it may raise their spirits. Let them drink wine that they may forget their sorrows."

IIRC, that comes from the book of Ecclesiastes.

But, then, WTF do I know?

Enjoy, Pete.

Dave
Old 09-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Some clown attacked me on Facebook earlier this week. Started going on about Reagan and the conservative movement....Anyhow, he asked, "What, you don't think we've done an excellent job?" I said, "Of course you have. Isn't it obvious? You guys always leave things in wonderful shape. No chickens coming home to roost here, are there? Look!! We just extended the Bush tax cuts for the second time! YIPPIE!!! Think the economy will spring to life now?" I haven't heard from him since.

Then there was the old classmate from Texas, who wanted to brag about Gov. Perry being a "....solid Christian man.". I asked her, "How'd the governors Big Tent Prayin' for Rain hullabaloo work out, Gayle? Looks to me like the place dried up some more and burst into flames. Maybe God doesn't care for old slick hairs bullshit anymore than the rest of us do?" She's gone MIA as well.

Dave
Pulled a little crazy Jack on 'em, didya?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Pulled a little crazy Jack on 'em, didya?

Way off subject, but when I recently watched that clip it was amazing how much Cruise looked like a pimply-faced brat when compared to Nicholson.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-01-2011, 01:06 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Way off subject, but when I recently watched that clip it was amazing how much Cruise looked like a pimply-faced brat when compared to Nicholson.

Regards,

D-Ray
I've met Cruise, (During the "Top Gun" shoot.). He can be an excellent actor occasionally, but he is a full time lousy human being.

Dave