Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:40 PM

The new Suburbia

Suburban realities 2011
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exit.jpg (5.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg images.jpg (12.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg repro.jpg (8.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg auction.jpg (6.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg nj.jpg (10.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-01-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preferred u View Post
Suburban realities 2011
The pendulum swings both ways.

Chas
Old 10-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Chas
Yep. Time to buy. I've been thinking about buying a second (vacation) property, but I'm not sure if I want the hassles or the sense of obligation to use it.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:

Chas
Until the talk of eliminating the home mortgage interest deduction goes away or becomes a reality, I can't see single family homes getting any traction. I'm talking about here in the West.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Until the talk of eliminating the home mortgage interest deduction goes away or becomes a reality, I can't see single family homes getting any traction. I'm talking about here in the West.
I think their are more fundamental domestic employment and economic issues in play here as well as geopolitical and global economic issues.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yep. Time to buy. I've been thinking about buying a second (vacation) property, but I'm not sure if I want the hassles or the sense of obligation to use it.
Is there enough upside to let it own you?

I don't think your obligation would come from using it, it would come from maintaining it.

Chas
Old 10-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by preferred u View Post
I think their are more fundamental domestic employment and economic issues in play here as well as geopolitical and global economic issues.
Well, I can tell you as someone married to a part time Real Estate agent, it's scaring the hell out of people.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
We were spared the worst of the property value collapse here in Bugtussell, because new homes pretty much appraised at what they cost to build. Not only did this hold the "prospect" builders in check, but the people with the money and credit to deal with them could also afford to go custom.

But I will agree, the tax structure needs to be solidified one way or another.

Most folks don't like betting real money in a game full of wild cards. The odds change too quick.

Until we develop some "Rules according to Hoyle" ain't no sumbitch with a brain in his head gonna bet heavy.

Chas
Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
We were spared the worst of the property value collapse here in Bugtussell, because new homes pretty much appraised at what they cost to build. Not only did this hold the "prospect" builders in check, but the people with the money and credit to deal with them could also afford to go custom.

But I will agree, the tax structure needs to be solidified one way or another.

Most folks don't like betting real money in a game full of wild cards. The odds change too quick.

Until we develop some "Rules according to Hoyle" ain't no sumbitch with a brain in his head gonna bet heavy.

Chas
One huge problem here is that something like (can't remember exactly) $4.00 out of every $10.00 of state revenue was coming from the construction industry. Now with over 50% of our construction industry workers laid off, that's a huge decrease in buyers % wise as well as the fact lots of these people have already been foreclosed on and now have bad credit on top of everything else.
I'm not sure how all this gets fixed.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
One huge problem here is that something like (can't remember exactly) $4.00 out of every $10.00 of state revenue was coming from the construction industry. Now with over 50% of our construction industry workers laid off, that's a huge decrease in buyers % wise as well as the fact lots of these people have already been foreclosed on and now have bad credit on top of everything else.
I'm not sure how all this gets fixed.
Now I'm figuring you're in Arizona, maybe Phoenix?

I never was a player, was reaching for the lowest rung whenever things went to shit, but...

I worked in Denver and Dillon whenever they were boom towns, Tulsa, Houston, Rio Grande Valley...pretty much all over Texas and Colorado whenever they were booming.

One minute you're getting rich, six months later you're sitting in a chair with a bottle of whiskey thinking about eating a .44.

All of those places went to shit, but returned.

It's the old what goes around comes around.

Kinda like to see it start to coming around before I eat a .44.

Or before I drag some poor, dumb bastard out, bein's he's the only sumbitch I can get my hands on, and feed him a .44 first.

Chas