Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-30-2020, 12:22 PM

An earlier, much better, debate, in which another narcissistic, racist, hateful conservative was destroyed by reality.

https://youtu.be/MRzkHgMaPL4
Old 09-30-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
An earlier, much better, debate, in which another narcissistic, racist, hateful conservative was destroyed by reality.

https://youtu.be/MRzkHgMaPL4
I was anxious to watch it. Sadly, comments are turned off. I have a simple rule regarding youtube videos. I refuse to watch any video where comments are turned off.

Edit: It was under 9 minutes so I watched it anyway. I'll comment on it here.

The video focuses on how blacks were treated in the government forced Jim Crow south. I do believe that Baldwin's belief that whites there took great comfort in their whiteness may be true or may be false, but it speaks to a culture that no longer exists in this country, at least with any power. And since I am from Seattle and spent the 60's in the western US, I experienced none of this. My race was irrelevant to me. The one exception was when I lived in Vallejo, CA in '63-'64. I was in 3rd and 4th grades there. The student body was about a third black and the first school I ever went to that had ANY black kids in it. There were two neighborhoods, segregated by a huge dirt ditch (40 feet wide) where we enjoyed catching tadpoles.

Both neighborhoods were built at the same time and by the same builder, and you crossed the ditch on a footbridge to go to the "colored" neighborhood. I had two friends there. The white neighborhood was right out of a 50's-60's postcard. Well maintained homes with nice lawns, etc. were the rule. When you crossed over, you saw houses with dirt yards, main entry doors with holes punched in them, and one vision I'll never forget - a girl of about 8 riding a bicycle on rims. No tires.

But here is the big one: It was the most violent school I ever attended. there was a fight almost every day after school. And every single one was two black kids duking it out. It definitely shaped how I see the races. And the modern youtube videos re-enforce that. But interestingly, it's not black PEOPLE against which I'm biased. It's American black CULTURE. My daughter in law is lilly white, but she and her brother and two sisters attended a school system where they were virtually the only non-black students. Her brother is in prison, one of her sisters died of a drug overdose and the other one is such a heavy user and "lost", that her parents are now raising her kids as she bums around between drug addled boyfriends. And my daughter in law, though her husband, my son, created a wildly successful business, is hooked on marijuana and has no clue how to keep a home, even though they live in a mansion now. She also has terrible guilt that they have "made it".

And Buckley was right about too many of the whites voting. I would be in favor of some minimum knowledge requirement to be able to vote. It would have to be very minimal. i.e. be able to name the current vice president or the three branches of government. When you allow the ignorant to vote, you weaken your whole country. That is why I don't vote in contests where I know nothing about the candidates. There was an election in Washington state for a judge where this horribly unqualified guy (and he admitted it) won because he shared a name with a famous person. That's lunacy. Of course, my idea would take a constitutional amendment.

But the bottom line is that these guys were really debating regarding the south and Jim Crow, and discussing issues that predate most people alive today outside a nursing home.

The first step for a black man to be successful in the US is to get rid of "the chip". This is very much worth a read. You will find things you agree with and disagree with. But it's enlightening nonetheless. https://www.latimes.com/news/la-op-c...b18-story.html

Last edited by Not Insane; 09-30-2020 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:55 PM

Orange Shitstain ensures first presidential debate is national humiliation

Only one man looked remotely presidential on the debate stage in Cleveland, Ohio, and it was not the incumbent

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ation-analysis
Old 09-30-2020, 12:56 PM

I see the "Insane One" has crawled out again. Must have been hell laying low while so much damaging truth has been coming out about his dear leader. BTW don't bother responding. Judging by any of your postings I've read there's zero chance of you posting anything worth removing you from the Ignore list.
Dump tried his best to rattle Biden and it didn't work. If there is another debate look for tRump to go even lower. Since he thinks he won he's got no reason to change. Lies & BS is all he's got so I doubt he could change even if he wanted to.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:08 PM
Admin

'Fact-checking the first Trump-Biden presidential debate' LA Times

WASHINGTON — "President Trump unleashed a blizzard of falsehoods Tuesday night in Cleveland at the first of three debates with Joe Biden — no surprise for a commander in chief who has set a new low for shading the truth and even lying in office.
His distortions were almost as rapid-fire as his incessant interruptions of both Biden and debate moderator Chris Wallace, on topics ranging from the economy to the coronavirus to healthcare. At one point he even accused Biden of playing more golf than he does. Biden hewed more closely to the facts, but he strayed at times. Here’s a look at how each candidate did."

continued - https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...dential-debate
Old 09-30-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Baloney. Educate yourself, junior:

VIOLENCE IS GOLDEN

Maybe it will make you a "real boy".
That article does explain a lot about you, it emphasizes my point.

I am the small voice, the conscience, the thing that tells you it is wrong when it sometimes right. It tells what is right and sometimes wrong, it makes you think you emotions are better than your inellect. Understand???
I did chuckle at the real boy.

Last edited by JCricket; 09-30-2020 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:43 PM

Decency - The Lincoln Project

It’s time for decency. It’s time for Joe Biden.

https://youtu.be/LpWKRFRizqg
Old 09-30-2020, 02:29 PM

Nancy Pelosi: I Pray The Republicans Will Take Back Their Party

https://youtu.be/F_FuxLBjw-s
Old 09-30-2020, 02:32 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Decency - The Lincoln Project

It’s time for decency. It’s time for Joe Biden.

https://youtu.be/LpWKRFRizqg
Amen to that.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:41 PM

Orange Shitstain's over-belligerence led him to stumble in first debate

https://nypost.com/2020/09/29/2020-p...le-on-his-own/

From a Reich-wing pundit at the usually laughably inept (in the same way this Insane clown is) NY Post:

Quote:
The problem for Trump is that those people are the ones who will likely decide the election — the ones who don’t love him, who don’t even like him, but might vote for him anyway.

And face it: If you didn’t love Trump when the evening started and weren’t already a fan of his WWE approach to politics, there had to be at least one moment, maybe two, when you listened to the leader of the Free World and thought, “What a jerk.”

There’s a very small number of people who haven’t made up their minds yet, and if the polls are even remotely accurate, Trump has to win a landslide among them to make up the gap with Biden.

Last night was not the way to do it.
Not looking good for Donny when the Reich-wing propagandists are wagging fingers...