Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-01-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggs098 View Post
If thats how you view the article then thats on you.
Yep. There is a lot of that going on here. It's why I'm enjoying threads like this one. Of course, after election day it stops being funny.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
ever heard the phrase "actions speak louder than words"?
YES! That's what I've been trying to say about ALL politicians. Thank you for that.

Watch what they do, not what they say.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:13 AM

Tuesday’s Debate Made Clear the Gravest Threat to the Election: The Orange Shitstain Himself
President* Trump’s unwillingness to say he would abide by the result and his disinformation campaign about election fraud went beyond anything President Vladimir V. Putin could have imagined.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/u...-election.html

Quote:
President* Trump’s angry insistence in the last minutes of Tuesday’s debate that there was no way the presidential election could be conducted without fraud amounted to an extraordinary declaration by a sitting American president that he would try to throw any outcome into the courts, Congress or the streets if he was not re-elected.

His comments came after four years of debate about the possibility of foreign interference in the 2020 election and how to counter such disruptions. But they were a stark reminder that the most direct threat to the electoral process now comes from the president* of the United States himself.

Mr. Trump’s unwillingness to say he would abide by the result, and his disinformation campaign about the integrity of the American electoral system, went beyond anything President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia could have imagined. All Mr. Putin has to do now is amplify the president’s message, which he has already begun to do.

Everything Mr. Trump said in his face-off with Joseph R. Biden Jr., the Democratic presidential nominee, he had already delivered in recent weeks, in tweets and at rallies with his faithful. But he had never before put it all together in front of such a large audience as he did on Tuesday night.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Sorry, not sorry Waggs. Your bully, er, hero's attempt to rattle Biden and trigger him into stuttering so he could have a clip for a campaign video didn't work. The debate showed a clear distinction between class and ass. The Repukes are trying to stack the Supreme Court so they can subvert Congressional law making. Since it's apparent they are doing this I hope the Democrats do stack the supreme court.
No offense, but have you checked youtube for biden clips? Trump didn't need to create more "ammo" in that category.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:16 AM

Focus Group - The Lincoln Project

Donald Trump lost the debate.

https://youtu.be/LM3dMJNOFiA
Old 10-01-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Well boys, are we all finally convinced? When Biden wins, we can enjoy civil unrest thanks to Trump and his deplorables.
I'm expecting it whether trump wins or loses, but not from Trump supporters.

Remember, the Biden supporters are the ones that roll over and burn cars when their pro basketball team loses the playoffs - or wins.

However, I think there will be a lot of Kyles out there. Hopefully nobody shoots at them.

I'll be at home enjoying a nice single malt. Whether I have to get involved all depends on where it goes. I strongly believe it will be a tempest in a teapot, but we'll see.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Focus Group - The Lincoln Project

Donald Trump lost the debate.

https://youtu.be/LM3dMJNOFiA
Opinions vary. Of course, some opinions make their case better than others.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:27 AM

Orange Shitstain has starved Americans of human compassion. Biden finally offered us some
Those able to screen out the president’s noise during the debate heard real plans for Covid, the economy and the environment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...l-debate-trump

Quote:
No one could have possibly envied Joe Biden, subjected to an internationally televised barrage of mocking insinuations, insults and patently obvious lies. One imagines that Biden’s team worked to prepare him for precisely that. But only in the movies does the karate student always succeed in beating up the bully or the mugger. Only Hillary Clinton and Trump’s out-of-favor employees could have told Biden what it was like to be in a public forum, however socially distanced, and withstand that level of personal assault.

How disappointed Biden’s campaign must be to find out, in the press, that hardly anyone seems to have heard what Joe Biden actually said. He’s been getting points for looking into the camera, for talking directly to the American people, unlike his opponent’s transparent fuming, trapped inside himself and waiting for a chance to erupt. It’s depressing enough that we, the people, are supposed to feel grateful that a presidential candidate is directly looking at, talking to, us. We’re so thankful to be seen that we don’t need to listen.

When we could hear him, we realized that Biden had given serious thought to how to handle the pandemic, restart the economy, and phase out our dependence on fossil fuels. He had ideas, he had plans. Meanwhile I kept thinking how low the bar has been set if I’m thankful that a US presidential candidate acknowledges the reality of climate change and the importance of wearing masks.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Orange Shitstain has starved Americans of human compassion. Biden finally offered us some
Those able to screen out the president’s noise during the debate heard real plans for Covid, the economy and the environment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...l-debate-trump
Opinions vary. Of course, some opinions make their case better than others.

Do you really want to get into a spam war with articles that support one or the other? There are a lot of them. What's funny, though, is when the NYT had to fact check Biden.
Hell Freezes Over: NYT Fact-Checks ‘False’ Biden Claims on Econ, Trade

And I must repeat what I said somewhere else here: Trump sees this debate as act 1 in a three act play. The finale will be epic, I suspect. We're all just getting back story in the first act.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I've been able to screen out tRump's noise for years now.