Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2014, 08:49 PM

George Orwell, Fox News, The Red Line and Obama's Tie (Or Lack Thereof)

I was a captive audience of Fox News today for about 3 hours at the arsenal of democracy (and national security social welfare and employee center adjacent to the city of Vista that always votes for Issa but I digress with an ulterior motive) known as Camp Pendleton, California.

So I am listening to Fox News and here is this recurring statement that it was Obama's fault that ISIS had grown as a threat to the world because he did not enforce his Red Line in Syria earlier this year. A big WTF? is crossing my mind.

No matter what you think about Obama's Red Line and whether he looked weak or not in backing down from it is a legitimate point of debate. However the line in question was about Assad and his use of chemical weapons. It was not about stopping ISIS in Syria!!!!!!!! They said this more than once. It was just like in 1984 where Big Brother has history rewritten on Tuesday by the newspapers so what he said on Monday (although 100 percent the opposite ) does not contradict what he is saying now on Tuesday. I hope you guys know what I am saying. So they are in effect lying about what actually happened in Syria in relation to the Obama's use of the term "Red Line". Lying about the motive behind the Red Line and who it was directed at.

In truth if we had attacked Assad, thug that he is and may he rot in hell for using chemical weapons, we would have been helping ISIS not hurting them by taking out their enemy, Assad, in Syria.

I know that you might say ISIS was perhaps emboldened by Obama not backing up his Red Line but that is subtle sort of distinction and not really true if you think about it....they were going to plunder and massacre anywhere they could no matter what Obama said or not. And the Fox Pundits did not say it in that fashion. It was "ISIS is now in Iraq because of the failure of Obama's Red Line". That is a lie and not the truth. But they were presenting it as if it was true in sort of off the cuff manner. And maybe people hearing this just do not realize that statement is false.

This is sort of really scary to me.

Then this one guy kept commenting about Obama not wearing a tie when talking about Foley and continuing his golf game, which to me is just dog-whistle race baiting.

MSNBC does not stoop to this level in my opinion by sort of inserting lies between talking points. Plus Todd and Scarborough present a center-right view every morning.