Old 07-07-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Your point being?
Deflection perhaps.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Yet the Brady Campaign has Illinois in the top 10 states (number 8) with the strongest gun control laws. Go figure....
It is all relative. The latest.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/07/justic...ago-shootings/

Blame weak gun laws for holiday violence, Chicago's top cop says

""There's a greater sanction for the gang members to lose that firearm from their gang than there is to go to jail" for illegal gun possession, Chicago police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said"
Old 07-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS... View Post
What were the numbers state wide?
You want to know the number of shootings statewide in Illinois last weekend?

Here ya go...

https://www.google.com/

A conservative can google just as well as a liberal, I think.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
It appears the murder rate is lower than last year. 2013: 421 murders, so far past 1/2 this year 145 +5.

So what is it, C-towns great gun laws, or the forced expansion of legal gun buying rights?

Here's another mega-decade Dem machine stronghold that looks terrible. I blame the GOP.

Pete
Actually Chicago looks wonderful. I'm gonna suggest it looks better than any other big city in the country. It just doesn't look so good on parts of the south and west sides, but that's defacto segregation for ya.

You should blame the GOP. If the GOP weren't so fucked up, we'd have a considerably better chance of a countrywide ban on handguns and assault rifles by now. So I agree wholeheartedly with pointing a gnarly finger at the GOP.

Chicago's handgun ban was struck down by some activist con judge legislating from the bench. BWAAAAAAHAHAH!!! So much for tough gun laws in Chicago. The suggestion that registration laws are all that much more restrictive in Chicago is horseshit. They're registration requirements...anybody who wants to a gun who isn't a felon or psychotic can legally obtain a gun in Chicago.

As far as the number of shootings is concerned, we're halfway through the year and the Chicago Tribune's tally so far is 1,129. In 2013 there were 2,185, so we're better than halfway home. As far as fatal shootings is concerned, WTF difference does it make? It's just a matter of dumb fucking luck if you're killed or not. The number of incidents is the important number.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I'd rather be injured than dead :tapnose:

Don't the bad neighborhoods in Chicago reflect poorly on the good neighborhoods concern for them? Can't afford cops anymore, they are expensive. Perhaps stop and frisk, as the guns used in these shootings are illegal?

Pete
Old 07-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
That depends on the severity of the injury. How do you feel about living as a brain dead quadriplegic? Oh wait. You're a conservative. You have the brain dead part covered already.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Brain dead, or turned to mush, it's all good I agree about severity.

Pete
Old 07-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:

Don't the bad neighborhoods in Chicago reflect poorly on the good neighborhoods concern for them? Can't afford cops anymore, they are expensive. Perhaps stop and frisk, as the guns used in these shootings are illegal?

Pete
You want to know how bad this is pete? Despite a significant, and in many ways, remarkable reduction in the level of segregation, Chicago is still the most racially segregated big city in the country. Of course it's had a Democrat administration since before I was born so the right will be happy to blubber about how Democrats have created all that is wrong with Chicago. However...the situation with segregation in the city is on the hands of the people of Chicago. They want it this way. And if you want to be a successful politician in Chicago, including the mayor's job, you'll pretty much do the best you can to keep your nose out of it, unless you're a black politician in a black ward where you need to make noise about it, but not press it when you're sitting in your chair at a city council meeting.

I suppose we have to give the white folks of Chicago some credit though. A chunk of that desegregation is due to white folks up on the near north side being open to having "appropriate" black folks living in their gentrified neighborhoods...long as they're bringing the money with them.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-09-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Agreed. I've read 'Boss'

Cleveland was pretty bad up to and through my youth. The suburbs are mostly desegregated now, and new hoods are very much so.

Pete
Old 07-09-2014, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Agreed. I've read 'Boss'

Cleveland was pretty bad up to and through my youth. The suburbs are mostly desegregated now, and new hoods are very much so.

Pete
I think the old man was probably a better mayor than the son. Regardless of his antics, nobody questioned for a nanosecond that the guy loved this city. He put his whole life and his guts into it...no matter how misdirected some of it might have been.

Richie, on the other hand...Richie pretty much bankrupted Chicago. He did a remarkable beautification development, particularly downtown and on the lakefront downtown. Spent a fortune. Sold the Chicago Skyway in 2005 to a French conglomerate for $1.83 billion, and the parking meter concession three years later for $1.15 billion. Three and a half years later that cash was all gone and the income was lost in the concession deals for 99 years and 75 years, respectively.

So Richie didn't have to deal with making any ugly austerity moves that would tarnish his glorious reputation...he just left the mess for Rahm Emanuel. And Richie's wife, who was a quite lovely person actually, died shortly after he left office...so everybody is pretty much leaving him alone. Except for John Kass, the great fatass teabagger pretender to the throne of Mike Royko (speaking of "Boss"), who can't take enough cheap shots at Daley, Emanuel and Rahm's long time pal in the Oval Office. So much for the legacy of Page 2 of the Chicago Tribune.