Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Dubya decline an invitation to the WTC

"The White House said that Mr. Obama would take part on Thursday in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Sept. 11 memorial in lower Manhattan. He is also scheduled to meet with relatives of the victims of the 2001 terrorist attacks, but he will not make a speech. The White House invited former president George W. Bush to accompany Mr. Obama in New York, but Mr. Bush declined, his spokesman said."

What's behind Dubya declining? Is he fearful of being upstaged by Obama? Is it to allow the Right Wing chattering class to continue saying that Obama didn't give enough credit to Dubya (no matter what he actually says there)? Or are the fishing biting in Crawford?

I'll go with the second point. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
"The White House said that Mr. Obama would take part on Thursday in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Sept. 11 memorial in lower Manhattan. He is also scheduled to meet with relatives of the victims of the 2001 terrorist attacks, but he will not make a speech. The White House invited former president George W. Bush to accompany Mr. Obama in New York, but Mr. Bush declined, his spokesman said."

What's behind Dubya declining? Is he fearful of being upstaged by Obama? Is it to allow the Right Wing chattering class to continue saying that Obama didn't give enough credit to Dubya (no matter what he actually says there)? Or are the fishing biting in Crawford?

I'll go with the second point. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
I do think that Bush II has mellowed a bit as a private citizen. He and Obama have something in common that very few other people can claim. Bush has shown considerably more class than his former second in command. I will do my best to retain some non-partisan feeling, and believe that Bush felt like this was a moment for an appearance by the sitting president, and deferred to Obama.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I do think that Bush II has mellowed a bit as a private citizen. He and Obama have something in common that very few other people can claim. Bush has shown considerably more class than his former second in command. I will do my best to retain some non-partisan feeling, and believe that Bush felt like this was a moment for an appearance by the sitting president, and deferred to Obama.

Regards,

D-Ray
I think you're right, Don. I was just throwing some chit against the wall to see if it would stick.

It will be interesting to hear the Right Wing blather on this though.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:43 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

I'm with Don. Bush II has done very little in the public eye since he left office.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

and he is retired

fishing

Bush boy is a sincere guy who feels entitled. As such he can't even think in terms of being upstaged. AS to wanting to keep the Right Wing chattering, he does not care much about that. He is retired and feels this kind of thing should be done by others now.
He just wants to fish.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post

Regards,

D-Ray
yes, bushy is a "good guy" just a God awful president
Old 05-04-2011, 02:26 PM

I touched on this in the other thread. Bush didn't go because Obama is using him to look good. Sitting President, who just took out Bin Laden next to former President who didn't get the job done. Makes Obama look superior to Bush. Bush was too smart to let it happen.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I'm with Don. Bush II has done very little in the public eye since he left office.
wow we all agree

where is that partisan hate?

what a boring thread.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
what a boring thread.
Sorrrrrrry.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

LMAO!