Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I dunno.

JJ's piece looks more like the 7 and 1/2 inch barrel to me.
Once past the M-14 I don't know shit from shinola about guns. I was pretty good with the M-14 though.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post

For almost 12 years I administered the MBTI along with the Strong Interest Inventory (a specific job interest inventory) to hundreds of clients back in the Clinton years when all the federal welfare reforms were rolled out...during the TANF program rollout. I worked as a mental health counselor as an adjunct to case management services for long-term welfare recipients who were also in the HUD Section 8 housing program. The MBTI and Strong were used to have a coordinated basis for helping the clients self-direct themselves into appropriate jobs or job training programs, where they were likely to have the best chance of success in getting off of public assisstance, and through increases in income from employment, eventually disqualifying themselves from their Section 8 certificate or voucher.

Regarding your closing paragraph...I'm unsure of your point. Are you talking about somebody having someone else complete the instrument for them? Why would anybody bother. No competent human resources manager would be hiring anybody based on their MBTI profile.
You have way more experience with the testing, As of this thread I was unaware of it.

My point on the taking of the test. I think when one is taking the test especially one with choices from most likely to least likely IIRC at least 5 one could be lying to themselves or picking the answer most comfortable. No real world problems with choices and actions I found.

Have someone that knows you fill it out or better yet many who do, as to what they think about you would be more weighted. Filling it out as to the person they see not the one you see.

Barney
Old 07-29-2015, 07:57 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Not so long as you're wandering aimlessly about with that Buntline Special on your hip.
Aimless? Hardly!

You missed my point when I changed my avatar.

This is a Colt Peacemaker,

peacemaker.jpg

This is a "Buntline Special",

Last edited by JJIII; 07-29-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:01 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

colt 2.jpg

See the difference?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:06 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I dunno.

JJ's piece looks more like the 7 and 1/2 inch barrel to me.
Whoop! There it is!
Old 07-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
You have way more experience with the testing, As of this thread I was unaware of it.

My point on the taking of the test. I think when one is taking the test especially one with choices from most likely to least likely IIRC at least 5 one could be lying to themselves or picking the answer most comfortable. No real world problems with choices and actions I found.

Have someone that knows you fill it out or better yet many who do, as to what they think about you would be more weighted. Filling it out as to the person they see not the one you see.

Barney
With almost all of the clients to whom I administered the MBTI, it was my first clinical activity with them. Handed them the booklet and answer sheet and sent them home. They dropped the sheet off at the agency, I scored it and we set up session 2 to provide them wit the results and what it was all about. Neither they, nor I had any prior experience with each other. So any "weighting" was not an issue.

The questions on the instrument are purposefully structured to be as neutral as possible so as best to avoid any client tendency to try to give "right" answers. Its pretty impossible to know what a "right" answer would be.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post

Attachment 2614

See the difference?
Thanks...I kinda already knew that but I thought the use of some historical reference might make my post a little....lyrical?
Old 07-30-2015, 07:07 AM
Area Man

I thought this was a psych thread. What's up with the ammosexual crap?

Did someone test positive for paranoid delusional?

Dave
Old 07-30-2015, 07:25 AM
Area Man

Okay, I took the Kiersey test.

It told me pretty much the same thing.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:37 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I thought this was a psych thread. What's up with the ammosexual crap?

Did someone test positive for paranoid delusional?

Dave
You say that as if any thread in this forum stays on topic from start to finish.