Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Admin

I spend all of mine on marbles, fishin' lures, chocolate and rekkids. That's after the mortgage, utilities, vehicles, taxes and whatever else needs payin'.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I'm in for the long haul, and always have been, so I left all my money in. The stock market then did what it historically always has: it rises to it's former high water mark and then some. Get rich quick schemes are for suckers. Getting rich slow is the time honored method that no one pays much attention to, but it works nearly every time.
Small fortunes built a few bucks at a time, with discipline and patience.

Something we can agree on, Mike.

Dave
Old 05-18-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Small fortunes built a few bucks at a time, with discipline and patience.

Something we can agree on, Mike.

Dave
If you take care of the pennies, the dollars will take care of themselves.

Chas
Old 05-18-2013, 07:49 PM

Ours are doing quite well under this administration.

Did not go with the doom and gloom back in 2008. Glad to say!

Barney
Old 05-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Area Man

Those that didn't did well, Barney.

I cut contributions to the minimum in late '08 during the freefall, but jacked them up as high as I could when the second stimulus was signed. Turned out to be a smart move. Hopefully, things will hold up for a while.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 05-19-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:15 AM
reflexionar

My ex wife and son get a pretty good chunk of my check for another 5 years, but I still manage to keep 9% going to my 401K. I would do more if I could, but have never done less.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:04 AM

Not so fun fact, I'm in the middle of settling an estate. Seems the annuities surprised a few. They somehow lost money. The CD did the best?

In the beginning phase of all the soon to come double talk so still haven't figured it out.

Barney
Old 05-22-2013, 07:15 PM

By Jove, we've managed to spend ourselves rich!!! Our masters have created the free lunch and eliminated the laws of gravity!!! Hope it lasts until I die...and that IS a fact.

But I ain't wearing no party hat, because the bastards have a way of pulling the rug out from under you every so often.

Am I the only one who is unnerved that a very large portion of my wealth consists only of digits on a computer screen?

Chas
Old 05-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Area Man

I guess it's better than my wealth consisting of what I have in my pocket. Which is about 37 cents and a wad of lint.

Dave
Old 05-22-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I guess it's better than my wealth consisting of what I have in my pocket. Which is about 37 cents and a wad of lint.

Dave
I was on my way out of here...but since it's you, I'll respond.

I must be a high roller as I've got app $9.50 on me. Got $1,500.00 in the safe, but some of those C-notes are so old that I'm surprised that I don't get flagged whenever I try to cash 'em.

We use credit cards and then write a check at the end of the month. My wife still likes to carry cash, which is amazing as she carries a Discover in a Quick Draw holster...and she's fast!!!

Myself, I pretty much put everything on account. Back when times were good, I always paid off 20-30K every month...OPM, but I'm used to carrying a balance. And I made sure that at the end of the day everyone got their money first. That's why I've been in business for 20 years.

I'm a digit on a computer screen kind of guy...I just don't like having MY money residing there.

But I can't take care of a million chickens. Got no choice but to trust the big boys...and I don't much trust 'em much.

Chas

Now I'm gone.