Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Persona non grata

Surprise! Obama Is Creating More New Jobs Than George W. Bush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gehTA2DTcE

And this was before the latest job numbers came out.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/ric...-george-w-bush

Quote:
Even President Barack Obama acknowledges that the economy is creating jobs too slowly under his stewardship. Yet Obama can now boast that more jobs have been created during his first term than during that of his predecessor George W. Bush.

When Bush began his first term in January 2001, total nonfarm employment was 132.47 million. When his second term began four years later, it was 132.45 million, or effectively zero job growth.

Obama's first term isn't technically over yet, but so far, employment has risen from 133.56 million in January 2009 to 134.02 million in the latest report, for December 2012. That's a net gain of about 460,000 or 0.3 percent. As paltry as that is, it beats Bush's first-term performance.

Purists might argue that because of the one-month lag in the official job numbers, it would be more appropriate to judge each president's first term from the February figures rather than those for January. But that gives Obama an even bigger edge. From February 2001 to February 2005, the economy created 164,000 jobs, for a 0.1 percent gain during Bush's first term. From February 2009 through December 2012, the economy created nearly 1.2 million jobs, a 0.9 percent improvement.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:14 PM
Admin

Sum, Democrats are good for the economy and Republicans are good at stealing money, i.e. tax breaks for the wealthy, no bid contracts for Halliburton, KBR et. al. (croney capitalism)