Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Screw it. I'm 53, w/diabetes, hi-blood pressure, yadda, yadda, yadda. I've got maybe 20 years left, tops. After that, I could really give a shit one way or another. I didn't make the mess, I wasn't asked my opinion in the 1st place, & they won't ask me how to clean it up, 'cause the feckin' politicos KNOW everything, anyway. But it IS a shame our generation is gonna leave stuff in such a cocked-up mess for someone else to straighten out...
A lot of us are on the downslope, myself included, but we're going to leave behind a lot of folks we care about. It matters to me what sort of country and world we give them to live in.

John
Old 03-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

And now the fools on the Hill are dicking around with GM's restructuring. If Roger Smith, Rick Wagoner, etc. failed to make GM profitable, just think what our politicos can do to screw it up even further.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:14 AM

We shoulda let GM fail. What's the dif? Other companies woulda filled the gap. You know, like Toyota!

John
Old 03-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
We shoulda let GM fail. What's the dif? Other companies woulda filled the gap. You know, like Toyota!

John
Right, and as long as we all carry good life insurance our grandkids would be able to pay off the national debt and have change left over.

Toyota - moving forward - out of control
Old 03-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Loyal Opposition

Taking an optimistic outlook, we are about due for another exceptional generation. I at least have hope that this generation can break out of the MTV, ,mp3, fox, thc, mickey d, AIM - induced fog to achieve some great things. Who knows, this upcoming generation might come up with dependable alternative energy sources; might begin to adjust their lifestyles away from a mass-consumption-based economy; might place family values (in a more generic, non-Dan Quale defined meaning) ahead of corporate values; might find ways to bridge cultural/religious differences within and between nations; and might even solve the military industrial complex.

You know, if they do one or two of those things, they should qualify as a great generation.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-13-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Taking an optimistic outlook, we are about due for another exceptional generation. I at least have hope that this generation can break out of the MTV, ,mp3, fox, thc, mickey d, AIM - induced fog to achieve some great things.

You know, if they do one or two of those things, they should qualify as a great generation.

Regards,

D-Ray
If they don't they will be toiling under new masters. All these bills are going to come due one day.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Isn't that sad? Have you noticed the young people now that have finally figured out they are getting the bill. We have apprentices in our Local that have been brainwashed democrats, that are starting to ask questions. You should see how quickly the Union brass get enraged by just a single question or two.
Yeah, damn those "Union brass" people. Maybe if we can kick the legs out from under those "lefty" pricks then we can bust your union and cut your pay down to what you're really worth, Jay? Isn't that what Boortz likes to say all of the time? "Your wages have been artificially inflated for all of these years." Just think of all the money the customers would save if you could be forced to work for less? Man, that sounds like a GREAT idea! I think I'll send a couple hundred bucks to the GOP?

Dave
Old 03-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Resident octogenarian

Gergen had an article in the Parade mag today where he claimed that our rise to wealth after WW II was due to an educated generation. I would not argue that point with him but that generation got their education on the GI Bill for the most part. Back then the universities wanted to educate Americans, now they have jacked their prices through the roof and seem to only want foreign students. So where is this new educated generation to come from?
Old 03-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr15 View Post
If they don't they will be toiling under new masters. All these bills are going to come due one day.
do you known another song?
Old 03-13-2010, 03:16 PM

Hitler did one thing right - he cancelled the debt of the german people.

There is a point when no one can fix it. Are we there yet?

Now it is just time before the walls crumble.

Will my kids fix it? Not likely. Will they rebuild it? Probably.

Will it be at great cost to life and limb? Hope not. Painful I am sure.