Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-15-2021, 01:24 AM

Long-Haul COVID

Many people think that getting vaccinated isn't necessary because COVID isn't a serious health issue except for the small percentage of people that get seriously ill or die. Those people are mistaken.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...ad-to-recovery
Old 07-15-2021, 08:29 AM

Thanks for that link. I will pass it along to my sister who thinks only she knows what is best for her body even though she has not had years of medical school to base her opinions on.

Yeah, I'm mad at her. After losing my husband to lung cancer in 2020, I can't bear the thought of losing another loved family member..... especially when it is preventable.
Old 07-15-2021, 09:54 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Thanks for that link. I will pass it along to my sister who thinks only she knows what is best for her body even though she has not had years of medical school to base her opinions on.

Yeah, I'm mad at her. After losing my husband to lung cancer in 2020, I can't bear the thought of losing another loved family member..... especially when it is preventable.
Sincere condolences on the loss of your husband, Barbara.
Old 07-15-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Sincere condolences on the loss of your husband, Barbara.
I was unaware that happened and also saddened to read of your loss.
Old 07-15-2021, 10:02 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
Many people think that getting vaccinated isn't necessary because COVID isn't a serious health issue except for the small percentage of people that get seriously ill or die. Those people are mistaken.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...ad-to-recovery
Thanks Mark. A heartbreaking story that needs to be spread far and wide.

I was reading about a foolish young guy in Florida who ended up getting a double lung transplant after he spurned getting vaccinated and caught Covid.
Old 07-15-2021, 12:56 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Thanks Mark. A heartbreaking story that needs to be spread far and wide.

I was reading about a foolish young guy in Florida who ended up getting a double lung transplant after he spurned getting vaccinated and caught Covid.
Thanks for the despicable former resident of the WH that poor man won't have the last heartbreaking story.
As has been during his entire presidency* Donald tRump gets people killed

Last edited by RickeyM; 07-15-2021 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:09 PM

So Trump chose to look the other way as the first wave of Covid-19 hit us thinking thhat was a good reelection strategy, only the best advising him of course. He would have won a slam dunk 2nd term had he stepped to the side and let Dr. Fauci take over, but ego often trumps common sense. He lost and the world celebrated his loss and unfortunately 600,000 un-vaccinated died due to his malfeasance.

Now Trump and the GQP is hell bent on preventing vaccinations and un-vaccinated continue to die. Owning the libs and/or sabotaging Biden presidency is more important to them than human lives that need not be lost with vaccinations. But this is what hatred does, leads to self destruction. The die is cast and too late to turn the Covid Titanic and we are in the throes of it once again. Most counties near us are once again advising indoor masks.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:15 PM
Mutated Member

A friend of mine, 54 years old, got Covid with flu sympthoms in May, fortunately he had not been hospitalized. However, now, two months later, he is still suffering from a lack of concentration and attacks of dizziness. My niece, 31 years old, got Covid last October with serious sympthoms, but without long-haul covid.

However folks: To whom it my concern:

Get up your asses and go get your vaccinations!

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 07-17-2021 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-17-2021, 05:08 PM

Ironic that tRump's advisors told him that Covid would hit Blue state more heavily and now it and it's variants are ravaging his Red states most heavily. Convinced that masks, shutdowns and vaccinations were against their freedoms now they pay the price. The cost for their allegiance to MAGAman.
Old 07-17-2021, 05:11 PM

Finally a voice of reason? Nah, I wouldn't bet on it. He will be either called a RINO or his words will be drowned by the Frightwing echo chamber.

Quote:
The Republican governor of Utah on Thursday decried “propaganda” spread against coronavirus vaccines, warning that those discouraging immunization are “killing people.”

“We have these — these talking heads who have gotten the vaccine and are telling other people not to get the vaccine,” Gov. Spencer Cox said in response to a reporter’s question about anti-vaccine rhetoric coming in large part from the political right. “That kind of stuff is just, it’s ridiculous. It’s dangerous, it’s damaging, and it’s killing people. I mean, it’s literally killing their supporters. And that makes no sense to me.”
Not making sense? Its not supposed to since the GQP wants chaos for the next 16 months or so.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ne-propaganda/

Edit: Three Democratic members of the Texas House contracted Covid-19 after they 'absconded' to DC as part of their strategy to block vote suppression legislation. And all three had been vaccinated. Scary indeed and UK is to soon abandon all Covid-19 related restrictions mimicking Florida.

Last edited by Rajoo; 07-17-2021 at 05:18 PM.