Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I have to admit, if you caught me in a trap, and took me to some brute and had me "fixed", it would be a while before I trusted you as well.

Chas
True enough but if we had not done that we would have about 40 kitties by now.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:18 PM

Anyone reckon a pair of Medowlark Kestrels would be worth $300?

For that kind of money, I'm tempted to buy 'em, other than I'd have to drive damn near to St. Louis (and I'd rather go to hell than St Louis), my wife might divorce me if I show up with any more rekkerd player accessories, and I'm not sure that they'd be any better than what I've already got.

What would yew fellers do???

Chas
Old 03-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Area Man

I suppose your not talking about the birds?

I've heard they're great speakers for toobs. Depending on condition $300 might be worth a look-see, if you live close by. If it's a long trip, I dunno. That's up to you and whether you feel like driving it, or not.

Dave
Old 03-11-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I suppose your not talking about the birds?

I've heard they're great speakers for toobs. Depending on condition $300 might be worth a look-see, if you live close by. If it's a long trip, I dunno. That's up to you and whether you feel like driving it, or not.

Dave
Ought to have my ass kicked, about a year or so ago I could have bought a set of Lentek transmission lines for $125, and it was about a 20 mile drive.

At that price, I could have thrown them away if I didn't like 'em. Of course, I'm the kind of guy who will spend $.75 on lacquer thinner to clean up a $.99 paint brush. Those cheap chip brushes have china bristles, and I'm loathe to throw away a china brush.

Actually, I'm bored with my rekkerd player. About the only time it excites me is whenever I've got a new gadget to try with it.

Maybe I ought to go fuck with my boat instead. It could stand some new batteries as they've been in there for 4 years. That'll cost close to $200, and changing batteries in it is such an exercise in self abuse that I should be pretty much sedated in wanting to try anything new after the fact.

Chas
Old 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Area Man

I alternate between putting new parts in the Dakota and working on stereo shit. Keeps me from getting too tired of either.

My DIY airsqueezers are just a few hours away from done....If I could just keep at it. Need to get the x-overs done, then it's be a snap from there.

Dave
Old 03-11-2012, 10:02 PM

[QUOTE=Charles;93611]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post

JJ's sound better in my 1000A. Used to they supposedly had quality issues, but I've run several sets of JJ 7591's in various receivers and amps with only one failure do to an internal short.

I really like the JJ 6L6GC. I think it exhibits a better overall sound than even the Winged "C", but that could be system based.

Chas

Had a long talk with Craig Ostby at NOS today, and he agreed with your assessment of the JJ. He said there are some bad sellers out there selling the crap, but he hasn't seen any issues with them in 7 or 8 years. And they are apparently a real 7591, as compared to the EH which certainly isn't.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I alternate between putting new parts in the Dakota and working on stereo shit. Keeps me from getting too tired of either.

My DIY airsqueezers are just a few hours away from done....If I could just keep at it. Need to get the x-overs done, then it's be a snap from there.

Dave
Being a Mopar, if the ventilation controls ever go crazy, start with the vacuum lines where they come out of the firewall in the engine compartment. I just learned this the hard way this week whenever I fixed my old work van.

And if the blower motor only runs on high speed, start with the blower motor resistor, even if you have just installed a new one. I learned that the hard way as well.

Chas
Old 03-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Area Man

Ever change a heater coil on that beast........It's an eight hour event. I believe they start the assembly line with a heater coil on a jig. Then build a truck around it....

Dave
Old 03-12-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look. We all come from AK, one way or another. Things can get pretty heated around here. Strangely enough AK and here are the only places I bother to post and peruse fairly often. I admit to a bit of over the top, take no prisoners approach to discussing politics but you probably understand more than most around here. It ain't easy to be a liberal in this wasteland called Orange County, shit the townhall crap is enough to have me frothing at the mouth. It's tea party crazy central twice a month here in Costa Mesa.
One of these days I'll mellow, probably after November, heh.
Hey, we'll have to have a brew or two when you're in town or headed up to LA.

I've been mulling over the idea of hosting a get together AK style, I missed the last one because of work. I've access to a condo clubhouse in the Newport -Costa Mesa area that would fit - a little music and gear and brews would be cool. Lots of willing LA/OC/SD/IE Akers....maybe in the summertime.

That would be great. The TP's are active up there in OC? I'd think they'd be too busy either counting money or worrying about their portfolio. AK and PC are the only current forums I read. I used to participate in the fidonet202 political forum. There, we'd get together and have dinner and beer periodically. That forum, like here, was fairly polite and had a wonderful mix of characters, but lacked the geographic diversity of PC.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Thanks ,Dave . She's a looker. Greta , Goldie and Katy. Three sisters, all feral rescues.
That first picture is a great picture. It needs to be enlarged and framed. Fuzzball, my long gone cat, walked on a leash and enjoyed riding in my car. He'd sit up with his paws on the dashboard looking out the window.

Last edited by bhunter; 03-12-2012 at 05:04 PM.