Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Resident octogenarian

I wonder what the terrain is like in those rice paddies. A Dutch friend of mine told me about how when there were dogfights over The Netherlands any planes shot down tended to just disappear into the polders because of the water level. They would surface every so often and the people would collect the bodies and dog tags so next of kin could be notified.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:55 PM

If Jane Fonda actually DID hand the POW's notes to their captors, I don't know how she can look in the mirror.

There are some things a person doesn't do.

Chas
Old 03-16-2010, 02:59 PM

I ain't fonda Fonda.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I ain't fonda Fonda.
Only movie she was ever in that I could bear to watch was Cat Ballou. And if it wasn't for Lee Marvin, even it would have been intolerable.

She did have a cute ass when she was younger. Unfortunately, it quit being cute when it overtook her personality.

Chas
Old 03-17-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr15 View Post
I'm afraid if there were any POW's left over there they would have been buried beyond all finding by now. Couldn't let a little thing like that mess up our current friendly relations.

Kind of a shame how we treat all our veterans. Korea, Nam or current ones aint getting such a good shake either.
Yeah, a few years back I was an admirer of that ex pilot that ran for president (I actually cant recall his name at this time, call it selective amnesia), all that changed when I read a report concerning a special commitee on POW/MIA affairs and the defection of a polish general (the highest ranking communist ever to defect) and the testimony he gave to this commitee.
He stated that "10's of 10's" (I figure in the hundreds easily) western prisoners were funneled up through china, into Russia and then to various communist bloc countries and that some were actually still alive, as close to us as east germany before the reunification.
In his own words he said that he could not understand how a country could just dismiss them like they did, and we all know how important the common soldier is to mother russia
His testimony was swept under the rug, dismissed outright. He was sent on his way.
Needless to say, I lost faith that day in what I used to hold dear, my patriotism. Dont misunderstand me, I love my country, but now I fear and even sometimes HATE my government, be they republican or democrat, they are truely what is evil.

Last edited by GWAR; 03-17-2010 at 03:14 AM.