Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:36 PM

Angry and you wonder why people do crazy sh|t

Ok, this may seem like Im rambling, or Ive lost my mind(both are quite possible), but here goes.
On the sister forum, I recently sold a piece of test equipment,sent it to him on good faith, since I dont use paypal or plastic. No problem there, guy got the equipment, it checked out ok, he sent me a postal money order, everyone's happy, right?
WRONG
So I head my happy ass down to the check cashing place that I always use since I dont like banks, due to the factthat it just dont seem right for some place to charge me to make money off my money.
I sign it, hand it to the cute young lady behind the counte and she frowns, "Sorry, we cant cash that."

"Uhm, why not?" I ask ever so nicely. She then explains that only the post office will cash those, a fact that I was blissfully unaware of.
Ok, thats cool, I will just have to wait till tomorrow and go to THE UNITED STATES POST OFFICE(Big letters and important sounding name which we all are supposed to trust and believe in).
---------------------fast forward to the next morning------------------
BRRRR, freezin cold and I got better things to do, but off I go to getz me cash. I walk up and wait in line while the postal workers discuss the current temperature, football scores and little jennys rash with the local yahoos.
1st teller; "Sorry, I cant cash that, maybe idiot #2 can." (I have to actually give a crap about your existance before I allocate memory space for your name)
Idiot #2; "Nope, cant do it, maybe idiot #3 can."
Idiot #3;"Nope, maybe later on I can."
All this time, the blood pressure is going up, so I make a wise decision and turn around and walk away while shaking my head and muttering "Epic fail"
My question is, if you are in the business of selling a proprietary service, like money orders only you can cash, shouldntyou have the money to cover one, especially first thing in the morning?
You, as a rational person would think so,,,,,right?
WRONG

Which leads me to the title of this post,.Well, the way I see it, people that snap are just done with the bullshit that our existance is so full of. Hell the government gets to do what they want, when they want, and to whoever they want, so Why cant I? All our lives they spew forth rules and regulations and laws, but oh hell no, they dont gotta follow them.
So, the next time some thug beats the crap outta a 80 year old grandmother or some kid gets abducted and chopped to little pieces, you now probly know the primary reason they went ballistic.

have a nice fuckin day,,,,,,,
Old 12-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Sucks, doesn't it? This is just one person's experience versus another's but I've cashed a few 4 figure money orders lately and, though my small post office couldn't handle them, the main post office has been able to.

Hope you find a big enough post office!

John
Old 12-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Think the crazy gone postal guy at the beginning of Lethal Weapon 4

Pete
Old 12-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Resident octogenarian

Our bank here cashes them as generally the local PO does not have that much cash on hand.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWAR View Post
Well, the way I see it, people that snap are just done with the bullshit that our existance is so full of.
You need to buy (not rent) the movie "Falling Down". I probably watch it four times a year.

"You ever hear of the point of no return? It's the point in a man's journey when it would take longer to turn around and go back then to just keep going. Like those guys that went up to the moon and had that problem? They couldn't go back, they had to go back behind the moon and they couldn't communicate for... a couple hours. And everybody was waiting to see if a bunch of dead guys in a can would pop out on the other side. Well that's where I am. I'm behind the moon. And I guess everybody's just gonna have to wait and see if I... pop out."
Old 12-09-2009, 02:30 PM

Perfect example of why we can not let the government get involved with or
take over private business. Otherwise we will all be standing in line like cattle
waiting for our rations.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:31 PM

yeah, saw it, loved it, live it.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
Perfect example of why we can not let the government get involved with or
take over private business. Otherwise we will all be standing in line like cattle
waiting for our rations.
Yup. Government can't do anything right. I mean except build the first atomic bomb. That's it. Nothing else. Well, unless you count sending man to the moon. But that's all. I mean except for the interstate highway system. But those are the sum achievements of the... well, Medicare works pretty well. But other than those few thing- actually, they run the best military on Earth, but...
Old 12-10-2009, 02:09 AM

blew me right away the first time i tried to cash a $100 mo at the local po and was told it was a no go. especially when you know they ought to and do have more than $100 just to open the doors everyday-some moron's idea of how to keep robbers away. but blaming the gov't. is way off the mark here. in case you haven't noticed; no one is doing what they are doing. 'bakers' don't bake a loaf of bread to sell anymore; they put together the cheapest facsimile of a 'loaf of bread' that can be merchandised as a 'loaf of bread'.
services are promoted as solving a particular problem or satisfying a particular need, but, in fact, service the promoter first and foremost, leaving the purchaser to work it out on his own; ala the mo. even the sick are rousted from sleep, or what peace they can grab in a hospital, and scheduled into the 'caregiver's' routine so that 'production' will not falter, and billing can proceed.
i worked for the po long ago, and i can tell you that at that time, service to the customer was paramount-no bullshit excuses why mail was late, lost or mistreated. you could then add 25cents or so to the postage and have a guy personally deliver the letter as soon as it reached the po in the addressee's town. i knew very few people there who didn't take what they did seriously.
now the only thing taken seriously is 'how much can we get and put out as little as we can. a buddy called me today to ask my opinion on a guy who did some work for him. changed a termocouple on the pilot light of his basement space heater-$150 plus parts. i told him that no, not that much work was involved but that those guys have to make several hundred a day or they'll drown, so they really don't want to come out for much less than a couple hundred. then he said the guy just does this on the side-not his real gig, and that he had previously replaced the bathtub faucet(valves, spout and showerhead w/ two 12" supply pipes replaced for $650 and tokd my buddy he was getting it 'cheap'. i told him time to find a new guy-this one figures he's got the goose that laid the golden egg. my point really is that we've somehow engendered a society wherein doing things right or well is irrelevant; what counts is maximizing the take and upping the volume. hence, we've wound up w/cars that cost more than my first house and have not a fraction of the substance which used to be 'standard ' on a common chevrolet. the knowledge of a better time and way does not last much more than a generation or two-'special d' is just an elvis tune to a diminishing portion of the living.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
Quote:
Perfect example
It's a frustrated rant, an example of nothing.

Quote:
of why we can not let the government get involved with or
take over private business. .

Disassociate much?