Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 02-02-2018, 08:46 PM
bobabode's Avatar
bobabode bobabode is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain in California
Posts: 33,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Right, 'cuz that worked so well the last time it was tried.

Trump has made you batshit crazy bro. Hope you get better soon.
__________________
'I hear mariachi static on my radio and the tubes they glow in the dark' Zevon
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 02-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Pio1980's Avatar
Pio1980 Pio1980 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Bamastan
Posts: 8,549
Tax cuts worked so well in Kansas?
__________________
I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 02-03-2018, 09:25 AM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 11,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Trump has made you batshit crazy bro. Hope you get better soon.
Hope you learn how to participate in this forum like an adult soon....
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 02-03-2018, 09:33 AM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 11,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Are you disputing the point I made?
I think the evidence tends to dispute your point.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 02-03-2018, 09:41 AM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 21,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I think the evidence tends to dispute your point.
Bullshit. Every economist worth his weight in shit supports deficit spending to stimulate a recovery and not one advocates increased deficit spending to stimulate an economy already at full employment. This happens to be the very same reason that virtually no economist supports a Balanced Budget Amendment as it would kill the ability to stimulate an economy in times of need. You really need to study and understand economics a bit better if you don't want to continue making such a fool of yourself.
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 02-03-2018, 10:01 AM
nailer's Avatar
nailer nailer is offline
Rational Anarchist
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,821
Is the United States Really at Full Employment?
https://seekingalpha.com/article/410...ull-employment
__________________
"We have met the enemy and he is us."
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 02-03-2018, 10:22 AM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 21,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Is the United States Really at Full Employment?
https://seekingalpha.com/article/410...ull-employment
I'd say it is, if you define full employment as the level below which inflation starts to rear its ugly head.
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 02-03-2018, 10:54 AM
nailer's Avatar
nailer nailer is offline
Rational Anarchist
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'd say it is, if you define full employment as the level below which inflation starts to rear its ugly head.
Thank you, General Mainstream. The labor force participation rate section of the article is quite interesting. Did you read it?

Another perspective: The Fed's Long-Awaited Wage Inflation Is at Hand. https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...ion-is-at-hand
__________________
"We have met the enemy and he is us."

Last edited by nailer; 02-03-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 02-03-2018, 12:10 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 21,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Thank you, General Mainstream. The labor force participation rate section of the article is quite interesting. Did you read it?

Another perspective: The Fed's Long-Awaited Wage Inflation Is at Hand. https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...ion-is-at-hand
From the article:
At this late stage in the economic cycle, itís difficult to envision a wholesale reacceleration in economic activity. Itís wholly plausible, however, for a spike in inflation to alarm Fed policy makers grappling with the biggest issue of 2018.

It begs the question as to why the GOP would think that $1.5 trillion in additional deficit spending is the right prescription for these economic times.
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 02-03-2018, 12:36 PM
nailer's Avatar
nailer nailer is offline
Rational Anarchist
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
From the article:
At this late stage in the economic cycle, itís difficult to envision a wholesale reacceleration in economic activity. Itís wholly plausible, however, for a spike in inflation to alarm Fed policy makers grappling with the biggest issue of 2018.

It begs the question as to why the GOP would think that $1.5 trillion in additional deficit spending is the right prescription for these economic times.
This would depend on what the GOP's goal is.
__________________
"We have met the enemy and he is us."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.