Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:33 PM

I do not think he can rest in peace ................

Dead in the Dictatorship of Fidel Castro.

The organization "Archivo Cuba" documents 8,190 murders committed by the Castro regime.
Of this number, 5,775 people were executed and 1,234 extrajudicial killings. Another 984 were victims of homicide within prisons.

Some 8,190 people have been killed by Fidel Castro's regime since her arrival in power in 1959, and another 200 have disappeared, María Werlau, executive director of Archivo Cuba, said on Tuesday in Madrid, a project dedicated to documenting Cuban government crimes .

According to an archive investigation, of the 8,190 deaths, 5,775 were executed and 1,234 extrajudicial killings. Another 984 were victims of homicides provoked inside the prisons, Europa Press reported.

"The Castro regime has shown from its beginnings a deep disregard for human life," Werlau said when presenting the results of the investigation in Madrid during a press conference in which she was accompanied by the president of the Ibero-American Association for Libertad, Antonio Guedes, and the Spanish journalists Rosa Montero and Hermann Tertsch.

The deaths "began with summary proceedings and massive executions on the wall, which were broadcast by the media to create fear," said Werlau, according to EFE.

According to the testimonies collected, peasants, pregnant women, foreigners and even members of the communist apparatus died, "whose bodies were strolling and insulted as a method of internal propaganda."

He then added, "Castro realized that he had to take care of the international image" and "it was no longer necessary to carry out these massive executions because the fear was already established and they could do it whenever they wanted to."

The executive director of Archivo Cuba explained that the project documents the cases of its registration through inquiries and interviews with relatives of the victims.

The number of homicides verified so far shows that during the Castro term "more people have died than during the dictatorship of (Augusto) Pinochet (in Chile)," he said.

According to Werlau, the number of victims under the current Cuban regime is even greater than that revealed by the investigation, but the documentation process is slow and ambitious.

The record not only seeks to reflect the deaths that have occurred since 1959, but to expand its data until 1952, when the dictatorship of Fulgencio Batista began, so that "all are considered victims and there is no grudge," he said.

"I want to tell the story of the victims, let them speak for themselves," said Werlau, who has been developing the investigation since 2001 with Professor Armando Lago. Archive Cuba presents its results on the site www.archivocuba.org.

Project investigations reveal that many children have been targeted by the "repressive system". So far there are 93 documented cases.

The cause of these deaths have been mostly extrajudicial killings (31), followed by 27 murders for attempting to flee Cuba (three of them accidental); 22 for executions, 12 for being considered "rebels in combat," and one case for medical malpractice within a prison.

On the other hand, so far 216 women and girls have died "for political reasons". Most of them attempted to leave the island illegally and were intercepted by Cuban border guards who fired on the boats.

As for prisons, the investigation has revealed 159 murders, 209 deaths from medical malpractice, 264 suicides, 21 accidents and 331 for "alleged natural causes."

"The death rate in prisons is greater than that of the rest of the population," Werlau said.

The current Cuban law contemplates the possibility of applying the death penalty in 112 crimes. It is the measure that "the Castro regime has always assumed" to warn citizens that "they are the only ones who send there and do what they want," he said.

The figures revealed by Archive Cuba this Tuesday do not include people who have died trying to escape the Island by sea. However, Werlau said, although there are no precise statistics in this respect the estimates point to about 20,000 deaths from this cause.

https://www.taringa.net/post/info/17...el-Castro.html
Old 11-26-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Me too. Guy was a scumbag who has kept Cubans in poverty far too long.
Treated us to countless boatloads of the worst they had to offer, much like Trump has pointed out with Mexico.
As usual, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliovideo View Post
I do not think he can rest in peace ................

Dead in the Dictatorship of Fidel Castro.

The organization "Archivo Cuba" documents 8,190 murders committed by the Castro regime.
Of this number, 5,775 people were executed and 1,234 extrajudicial killings. Another 984 were victims of homicide within prisons.

Some 8,190 people have been killed by Fidel Castro's regime since her arrival in power in 1959, and another 200 have disappeared, María Werlau, executive director of Archivo Cuba, said on Tuesday in Madrid, a project dedicated to documenting Cuban government crimes .

According to an archive investigation, of the 8,190 deaths, 5,775 were executed and 1,234 extrajudicial killings. Another 984 were victims of homicides provoked inside the prisons, Europa Press reported.

"The Castro regime has shown from its beginnings a deep disregard for human life," Werlau said when presenting the results of the investigation in Madrid during a press conference in which she was accompanied by the president of the Ibero-American Association for Libertad, Antonio Guedes, and the Spanish journalists Rosa Montero and Hermann Tertsch.

The deaths "began with summary proceedings and massive executions on the wall, which were broadcast by the media to create fear," said Werlau, according to EFE.

According to the testimonies collected, peasants, pregnant women, foreigners and even members of the communist apparatus died, "whose bodies were strolling and insulted as a method of internal propaganda."

He then added, "Castro realized that he had to take care of the international image" and "it was no longer necessary to carry out these massive executions because the fear was already established and they could do it whenever they wanted to."

The executive director of Archivo Cuba explained that the project documents the cases of its registration through inquiries and interviews with relatives of the victims.

The number of homicides verified so far shows that during the Castro term "more people have died than during the dictatorship of (Augusto) Pinochet (in Chile)," he said.

According to Werlau, the number of victims under the current Cuban regime is even greater than that revealed by the investigation, but the documentation process is slow and ambitious.

The record not only seeks to reflect the deaths that have occurred since 1959, but to expand its data until 1952, when the dictatorship of Fulgencio Batista began, so that "all are considered victims and there is no grudge," he said.

"I want to tell the story of the victims, let them speak for themselves," said Werlau, who has been developing the investigation since 2001 with Professor Armando Lago. Archive Cuba presents its results on the site www.archivocuba.org.

Project investigations reveal that many children have been targeted by the "repressive system". So far there are 93 documented cases.

The cause of these deaths have been mostly extrajudicial killings (31), followed by 27 murders for attempting to flee Cuba (three of them accidental); 22 for executions, 12 for being considered "rebels in combat," and one case for medical malpractice within a prison.

On the other hand, so far 216 women and girls have died "for political reasons". Most of them attempted to leave the island illegally and were intercepted by Cuban border guards who fired on the boats.

As for prisons, the investigation has revealed 159 murders, 209 deaths from medical malpractice, 264 suicides, 21 accidents and 331 for "alleged natural causes."

"The death rate in prisons is greater than that of the rest of the population," Werlau said.

The current Cuban law contemplates the possibility of applying the death penalty in 112 crimes. It is the measure that "the Castro regime has always assumed" to warn citizens that "they are the only ones who send there and do what they want," he said.

The figures revealed by Archive Cuba this Tuesday do not include people who have died trying to escape the Island by sea. However, Werlau said, although there are no precise statistics in this respect the estimates point to about 20,000 deaths from this cause.

https://www.taringa.net/post/info/17...el-Castro.html
Those are some bogus statistics.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:41 PM
Admin

As if Batista was any better than Castro. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgencio_Batista
Old 11-26-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Those are some bogus statistics.

I'm sorry, I know it hurts ...... but the world should know the truth and that's what i do.

Last edited by juliovideo; 11-26-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:55 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Me too. Guy was a scumbag who has kept Cubans in poverty far too long.
Treated us to countless boatloads of the worst they had to offer, much like Trump has pointed out with Mexico.
Another view.

He did great work in Africa.

Countered the prolongation of Colonialism.

Prevented the spread of Apartheid.

Assisted greatly in the field of Public Health.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
As usual, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Right. I suppose they drive those 50-60 yr old cars for fun. Just a big classic car club.
And my memory of 1980 is flawed too, I guess. I thought Carter forced the criminals on Gov. Clinton at Fort Chafee and refused Clinton's request that they be screened first and the ugly ones be sent to Guantanamo. I must have imagined the riot, fire, locals patrolling the outskirts of the fort ready to clean house, etc.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliovideo View Post
I'm sorry, I know it hurts ...... but the world should know the truth and that's what i do.
Since when is it legitimate to categorize lawful executions as murders or murders committed in prison, suicides and deaths by "medical malpractice" as murders by the state?

And your total number represrents 144 deaths per year. Any American state would feel they were doing great if their annual death toll were that low.

Last edited by Boreas; 11-26-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Since when is it legitimate to categorize lawful executions as murders or murders committed in prison, suicides and deaths by "medical malpractice" as murders by the state?

And your total number represrents 144 deaths per year. Any American state would feel they were doing great of their annual death toll were that low.
Yet you don't see anyone getting on a raft to escape TO Cuba.

By the way, I think you get that his stats are a tally of political murder, not the murder rate overall.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:58 PM

I love this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgchzIgyR2g

----------