By Calvin Trillin

https://www.thenation.com/article/tr...p-become-cult/

So why do they maintain their loyalty
Despite his lies, despite the fact that he
Acts like a child instead of an adult?
’Cause it’s a cult.

Why would his people always cheer for him
While he, in tweets that are profoundly dim,
Just flails around for allies to insult?
’Cause it’s a cult.

His crude remarks imply we should unite
To keep out anyone who isn’t white.
That language tends to make his troops exult,
’Cause it’s a cult.

It seems impossible that they’re not seeing
Their leader as a dreadful human being.
But most of them don’t leave as a result,
’Cause it’s a cult.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Last time I checked, it was Bibi who came here in the midst of our campaign to interfere with our election. As for your claim, it's mostly false.

You really are a sycophantic tool, willing to loyally and reflexively accept and defend Trump's treasonous behavior. Shameful.
Last time I checked, Netanyahu as invited here to speak to Congress. I don't think Obama was invited to Israel. Also, your link rates the claim of Obama's interference as "mostly false" based on semantic differences with how a blogger described Obama's efforts. From your blog post:

If any U.S. money was used to mobilize anti-Likud voters, it would have been in Israel. A more accurate figure would be $233,500.

Next, there is a matter of the blog’s tense. "Has been sending" says the action is continuing. In this case, the money stopped flowing in 2014, before elections were called in Israel.

So, we know that an amount of about $233,500 was sent to an anti-Netanyahu PAC in Israel as directed by Obama. Finally:

Yes, Obama sent money to OneVoice, a group that promoted a two-state solution. And yes that group partnered with a different group V15 that wanted Netanyahu defeated. But there is no paper trail that the money given to OneVoice was spent on an electoral ground game. It would be naive to ignore that OneVoice’s policy positions mesh well with V15’s voter mobilization, but that’s different from saying that American taxpayer dollars were spent by V15.

That may change as more evidence comes to light.

Bottom line - Obama sent $233,500 in US tax payer funds to an anti-Netanyahu PAC, or at the very least a PAC that promoted policies that were/are at odds with current Israeli policy. The only thing that we don't have is a "paper trail" between that PAC and V15, but there's no dispute that those PACs were in partnership, had common goals and worked together.

You really need to start reading what you post.

So, as soon as Obama is frog-marched over to Israel, I'll be happy to re-examine your position on Trump's comments.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:07 AM

The Trump First Doctrine

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-tru...ine-1531781061

Even the editorial board of the conservative WSJ understands that Donny committed treason. Wake up, Whell, you are being held captive by a cult.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:19 AM

Hey Whell, when it all falls apart, yer boy Donny is in handcuffs, and they come asking you to drink the Kool-Aid, take Nancy Reagan’s advice:

Last edited by Chicks; 07-17-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Last time I checked, Netanyahu as invited here to speak to Congress. I don't think Obama was invited to Israel. Also, your link rates the claim of Obama's interference as "mostly false" based on semantic differences with how a blogger described Obama's efforts. From your blog post:

If any U.S. money was used to mobilize anti-Likud voters, it would have been in Israel. A more accurate figure would be $233,500.

Next, there is a matter of the blog’s tense. "Has been sending" says the action is continuing. In this case, the money stopped flowing in 2014, before elections were called in Israel.

So, we know that an amount of about $233,500 was sent to an anti-Netanyahu PAC in Israel as directed by Obama. Finally:

Yes, Obama sent money to OneVoice, a group that promoted a two-state solution. And yes that group partnered with a different group V15 that wanted Netanyahu defeated. But there is no paper trail that the money given to OneVoice was spent on an electoral ground game. It would be naive to ignore that OneVoice’s policy positions mesh well with V15’s voter mobilization, but that’s different from saying that American taxpayer dollars were spent by V15.

That may change as more evidence comes to light.

Bottom line - Obama sent $233,500 in US tax payer funds to an anti-Netanyahu PAC, or at the very least a PAC that promoted policies that were/are at odds with current Israeli policy. The only thing that we don't have is a "paper trail" between that PAC and V15, but there's no dispute that those PACs were in partnership, had common goals and worked together.

You really need to start reading what you post.

So, as soon as Obama is frog-marched over to Israel, I'll be happy to re-examine your position on Trump's comments.
Afaik, a two state solution was U. S. policy at the time, so supporting it against a purely one state nationalist would be within our National interest.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:46 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Last time I checked, Netanyahu as invited here to speak to Congress. I don't think Obama was invited to Israel. Also, your link rates the claim of Obama's interference as "mostly false" based on semantic differences with how a blogger described Obama's efforts...
Your sycophantic nonsense and rationalization are unconvincing and "mostly false." Moreover, Israel did not indict ~25 Americans with charges associated with this activity, unlike the ~25 Russians who have been indicted by us. America doesn't extradite its citizens who don't face indictments, particularly for "mostly false" charges, dimwit. BTW, both Bibi and his wife are now facing criminal charges in Israel and Obama isn't.

Here's what your boy, Trey Gowdy, said Sunday on what he would like to say to Trump before the Helsinki summit. "Your first requests of Vladimir Putin needs to be: tell us which airport we can pick up the 25 Russians that tried to interfere with the fundamentals of our democracy. If you really claim you had nothing to do with it that you should be as shocked as we were that your military was being used to impact our election. Tell us where you're going to extradite those folks because an American grand jury indicted them for undermining our democracy."

This is a particularly lazy, dishonest and disingenuous example of "whataboutism" on your part and represents nothing other than yet another example of you shamelessly lying in support of Traitor Trump. The bottom line is that Trump's failure to ask for the extradition is not really the biggest issue here. His throwing the US intelligence and law enforcement community under the bus and calling the investigation that has resulted in the indictment of ~25 Russians a "witch hunt," after having trashed NATO, the EU, Germany and the UK.

BTW, my OP was two days before yesterday's treasonous acts, an indicator that his behavior already seemed treasonous before he sealed the deal yesterday.

Last edited by finnbow; 07-17-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:04 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

@realDonaldTrump

While I had a great meeting with NATO, raising vast amounts of money, I had an even better meeting with Vladimir Putin of Russia. Sadly, it is not being reported that way - the Fake News is going Crazy!
Old 07-17-2018, 10:15 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Old 07-17-2018, 10:17 AM

I wonder what GRU secret agent Trump’s spy handlers called him? Agent Orange?
Old 07-17-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
The Trump First Doctrine

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-tru...ine-1531781061

Even the editorial board of the conservative WSJ understands that Donny committed treason. Wake up, Whell, you are being held captive by a cult.
I'm paywalled for that particular article. That said, I suspect the WSJ, who has never been a fan of the Trump presidency, probably didn't go so far as to use the word "treason" in the article you posted. As far as I know, that word is reserved to the truly rabid Never Trumpers, or leftist whack jobs. I'm sure you know the type.