Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Suggestion Box

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 PM

Time-Out on pages..

I know I've invaded your clubhouse and P-O'd everybody. So it could be that I'm getting punished.. Paranoid? (Just vote me off Survivor style!! -- After 49 days, I need a burger and fries really bad anyways)

Is there anyway to lengthen the time-out on pages. I'm not super-quick in posting so it seems that 5 minutes (or so) is enough to log me out. And if I don't save stuff before refreshing the page, it's a @&($^@$( meltdown.

Didn't see anything in the Control Panel.. And it might be set low to keep the sex fiends at bay.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:56 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
I know I've invaded your clubhouse and P-O'd everybody. So it could be that I'm getting punished.. Paranoid? (Just vote me off Survivor style!! -- After 49 days, I need a burger and fries really bad anyways)

Is there anyway to lengthen the time-out on pages. I'm not super-quick in posting so it seems that 5 minutes (or so) is enough to log me out. And if I don't save stuff before refreshing the page, it's a @&($^@$( meltdown.

Didn't see anything in the Control Panel.. And it might be set low to keep the sex fiends at bay.
For what it's worth, the same thing happens to me. Grumpy would have to explain why. It might be your browser settings. To avoid losing stuff, use the reply button instead of the quick reply. My experience has been that you can sign in and your post is still posted, Try that, We wouldn't want to miss a word of your wisdom.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I know I've invaded your clubhouse and P-O'd everybody. So it could be that I'm getting punished.
Don't get paranoid just because we're out to get you.

FlaCal - Don't bail on us. You're a very bright guy with a needed perspective. How's that for smooching up?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Area Man

Gotta be your browser settings or something like that. 'Cuz I sometimes take up to half an hour to type in my BS. I don't know why your BS times out sooner. Don't bail. I usually enjoy your posts, even when I just skim over them.

Dave
Old 05-31-2011, 08:10 PM

Thanks for the tips.. I wiped out cookies just before I noticed this.. Maybe checking the "remember me" box will help.. I'll check the browser..

I know I'm a pain.. Got great respect for the "culture" of these little communities.. Thanks for being great hosts..
Old 05-31-2011, 11:29 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Thanks for the tips.. I wiped out cookies just before I noticed this.. Maybe checking the "remember me" box will help.. I'll check the browser..

I know I'm a pain.. Got great respect for the "culture" of these little communities.. Thanks for being great hosts..
We have to give you a hard time. You wouldn't respect us if we were dittoheads. This log off problem is just a little initiation we give you before you get to be a real member of the club. You would, however, have been in deep sh*t if you had dissed Kottke.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 06-01-2011, 03:39 PM

Oh, so if I don't die during pledge week --- I'm in???
Cool...
Old 06-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Oh, so if I don't die during pledge week --- I'm in???
Cool...
You got it. Don't know anything about pledge week, but I can tell you're definitely a Pollywog. I can smell a stinking Wog through the wires and across a thousand miles. Kneel and kiss the Royal Baby! Imperium Neptuni Regis, Ruler of the Raging Seas commands you! Crawl, crawl and beg to be cleansed of your reeking landlubber stench, lest I send you down to Davey Jones Locker!!

Sometimes, I miss those days......

The second time around, I proudly served King Neptune as Royal Egg Bearer.

Dave
Old 06-02-2011, 11:15 AM

Could be a bad case of swamp fever dude.. Better find that thermometer. Rectal is better.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Rectal is better.
Where do you think the Royal Egg Bearer places the eggs?

Two raw eggs down the crack of a wogs ass, then a stout crack of the shillalagh.............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line-crossing_ceremony

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 06-02-2011 at 02:09 PM.