Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Of coarse...it just came to ME!!! Why direct deposit of SSI! ..
It is real simple and has pissed me off for years. Banks lobbied for this and it was sold as a convenience to the recipient. The real convenience is to the banks who make money off of you and your check.

This btw is a republican move.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Bingo, buddy ! When my granmother passed in 2002 at 104, there was a "substantial" estate...By the time the Infernal Rip-You-Off Servitute boys got done w/us, they'd got 78% of it...We had enuff left to pay the lawyers, the women that stayed w/her 24/7 for the last 18 months of her life, & that was it. When you have an estate of somewhere between $1 million to about $5 million or so, which is where I think this was, the tax code's set up to Rip You A New One...And yes, ALL my gran's estate had been taxed at the full amount all along, its not like we were tax cheats or anything...Where's the "fairness" in that ?!? I got her house, which I subsequently sold, & was told I was lucky I didn't have to pay taxes on THAT...I mean, I'm no lawyer or accountant, my granparents worked hard all their lives, scrimped & saved, never doling much of it out, played by the rules, & we still got zapped...
Come on Sandy, yer just pissed that the Infernal Revenuoors won't let ya set up a still, but they wanna tax yeu iffin' yeu do.

Reckon life just ain't fair. Then they move the goalposts.

Chas
Old 09-27-2009, 12:47 PM

This was a "Perfect Storm"...My dad & uncle tried hard to talk her into putting her money into things that the tax man wouldn't eat up quite so badly, but she was an EXTREMELY suspicious type, & wouldn't hear of it. She & my granfather lost everything-not that they had that much-in '29, & I think they never trusted banks, stockbrokers, etc after that. She & Fritz never really enjoyed any of their wealth, they had the mindset all their lives that they were one step away from being in "The Poorhouse", & the only ones that got any benefit from their penurious ways was the IRS. She gave Fritz a sandwich to eat at work every day,wrapped up in tinfoil, which he was supposed to flatten out, carefully fold up, & take back home so she could use again the next day...I'd say, "Grandaddy, let me go clean that up for you..." & I'd take it & toss it, & make up some story about how I'd torn it up or something. Got more than one Arse-Eatin' over Wasting that Tinfoil...
Old 09-27-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
This was a "Perfect Storm"...My dad & uncle tried hard to talk her into putting her money into things that the tax man wouldn't eat up quite so badly, but she was an EXTREMELY suspicious type, & wouldn't hear of it. She & my granfather lost everything-not that they had that much-in '29, & I think they never trusted banks, stockbrokers, etc after that. She & Fritz never really enjoyed any of their wealth, they had the mindset all their lives that they were one step away from being in "The Poorhouse", & the only ones that got any benefit from their penurious ways was the IRS. She gave Fritz a sandwich to eat at work every day,wrapped up in tinfoil, which he was supposed to flatten out, carefully fold up, & take back home so she could use again the next day...I'd say, "Grandaddy, let me go clean that up for you..." & I'd take it & toss it, & make up some story about how I'd torn it up or something. Got more than one Arse-Eatin' over Wasting that Tinfoil...
Seems to be two schools of thought on this, the live rich and die poor crowd, or the you can never have enough stock in the pantry crowd.

I pretty much fall into the stock in the pantry crowd. Don't get me wrong, if I want to do something, I do it. But the older I get, the more my idea of a good time is taking a nap in the afternoon.

And being debt free with money in the bank makes that nap not only possible, but more enjoyable. Didn't live through the depression, but I've been dirt poor, in debt, with maybe 10 bucks to my name. Boo and hiss!!!

Now the thoughts of the gubbmitt coming along and stealing what I have left, provided I don't hire an accountant and a lawyer to set things up right makes my blood boil.

As I've grown to understand, we don't have a justice system, we have a legal system...do not confuse the two.

Chas
Old 09-27-2009, 04:23 PM

Fritz 'n' Izzie never so much had a TRAFFIC TICKET between them in their lives...Like I said, they lived ramrod-straight, never bothered anyone, & if they ever took unfair advantage of anyone, I don't know about it. And after they both pass on, for the Grub-ment to come along & basically STEAL almost 80% of what they had accumulated in their lives strikes me as unconcionable. But they did, & there wasn't a goddam thing we could do about it, except be happy they didn't take more. And I see the waste, fraud, abuse, Acorn bullshit, $600 toilet seats, women squeezin' out another puppy or 2 to get that much more every month, people drawing "crazy" checks, you name it, makes my blood boil. Its not Democrats or Republicans, its the whole sorry, corrupt, unsalvageable system.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
its the whole sorry, corrupt, unsalvageable system.
so, ya'll are finally starting to come around....
Old 09-28-2009, 06:39 AM

I'm not QUITE as Think as you Dumb I am...I had that 'un figgered out a long time ago...(grin)
Old 09-28-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
As I've grown to understand, we don't have a justice system, we have a legal system...do not confuse the two.

Chas
Truer words were never spoken!!!!

And these words just keep ringing in my ears, maybe it's my tinnitus

The more I think about it, old billy was right
Let's kill all the lawyers, kill em tonight
You don't want to work, you want to live like a king
But the big, bad world doesn't owe you a thing

Most congressmen are lawyers aren't they