Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
I'm callin BS on that one. They all hate us because we are superier to them in every way.
Jack, this is wrong in every conceivable way.

John
Old 12-29-2009, 05:52 AM

No, Jack has a point there, but maybe not quite in the way you think. The Muslim world is stuck somewhere in the pre-medevial times, if it weren't for their sitting on top of 3/4 of the world's oil supply, nobody would ever go there, & they could sit around the oasis happily dream of Saladin, buggering little boys, & Allah to their heart's content. Other than the oil thing, they have no more relevance in the modern world than Zulu warlords do. I guess that's one reason they despise the West, for despite whatever problems our Western culture has, WE are the dominant way of life. No other group even comes close. Most assuredly, Arabian culture has given the world a lot, but their meaningful contributions pretty much ended a long, long time ago, when the flinty-eyed mullahs took over, & decided that THEY were the only ones who could think for their people...A culture starts to die as soon as the preachers, priests, & shamans take over, & impose their will & strictures on everyone else...
Old 12-29-2009, 06:51 AM

"Seeing the way the Arabs live in Tunisia makes a strong case for Christianity."

Gen. George S. Patton

Chas
Old 12-29-2009, 07:48 AM
Resident octogenarian

John, I don't hat all muslims in fact I don't really hate anyone, I just want to live my life, what's left of it in peace and quiet. But the shiites who follow Sharia law want to set up a Caliphate for the whole world, and the Sunni Wahabiis are not much better. Sharia and Wahabism are tribal leftovers from the fifth century and have no place or relevance in this century. But teir adherents follow it blindly because they do not want to think for themselves.

Have not Palestinian (oops Arab, Palestine was a figment of Lord Balfour's imagination) women acted as suicide bombers? Do not the children simply grow up to follow this same path? The IRA did not care how many innocents they killed. All of these groups have one thing in common, hatred of someone else because of something that happened centuries ago. My ex was of Irish extraction, I recall one night we were watching a CBC documentary on the Easter Rebellion and my mother in law turned to me and said "You British . . ." to which I responded "Hey I was not there, I had nothing to do with it". Actually she was not yet my MIL, I should have seen the writing on the wall.

Sure I am of British extraction, so effing what. I take no credit for the good things they did and no blame for therir sins. I have enough sins of my own to answer for, I don't need anyone else's baggage.

The present drive by these people is world domination and there is no pretty way to fight an enemy who hides behind the skirts of their women or the bodies of their children, ask any Israelie. Are we suppoesd to see our young men and women die playing by the rules when the enemy will not? Frankly, I think the Marquis of Queensbury was an idiot. If someone comes at me with the intent of bodily harm I will take him down by the most effective and fastest way I can.

Leave me alone and I can be the nicest person you would ever want to meet, screw with me because of some stupid idea you have due to events of 512 AD then you are asking for trouble.

Was Shock and Awe a dumb idea? Hell yes, look where it came from. Did Gen Franks screw up at Tora Bora? damn right he did, bin Laden would be dead and we would be out of the region had he called in bunker busters from Diego Suarez, still not too late to collapse all the caves in Wazeristan. Look at the results of the past eight years, Afghanistan and Iraq are hotbeds of corruption, we took out a Sunni who kept things under control and installed a Shiite who kisses Ahmedinijad's butt. Meanwhile we have yet to arm the Kurds properly because we want the Turks to like us. The leader in Afghanistan has relatives living here in MD and they do not seem to be in any hurry to go back there. There used to be a nation called Kurdistan, good people.

Much of this because we want to install democratic governments and history (if we knew it) tells us that cannot be done. If people want democracy (and many do not) then they need to establish it themselves.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Rob, we hereby blame you for everything bad the British Empire has ever done.

Also since you live here everything bad the US has done, which is why the Arabs hate us.

Heck Indians and slavery too. How could we do such a thing?

Pete
Old 12-29-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
The IRA did not care how many innocents they killed. All of these groups have one thing in common, hatred of someone else because of something that happened centuries ago. My ex was of Irish extraction, I recall one night we were watching a CBC documentary on the Easter Rebellion and my mother in law turned to me and said "You British . . ." to which I responded "Hey I was not there, I had nothing to do with it". Actually she was not yet my MIL, I should have seen the writing on the wall.

Sure I am of British extraction, so effing what. I take no credit for the good things they did and no blame for therir sins. I have enough sins of my own to answer for, I don't need anyone else's baggage.
Rob, it strikes me that your former mother-in-law was guilty of something many others of us are guilty of today when it comes to Muslims. Just as she did with the English, we tend to condemn the entire Muslim world for the actions of a few radicals.

John
Old 12-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Area Man

" I guess that's one reason they despise the West, for despite whatever problems our Western culture has, WE are the dominant way of life. No other group even comes close. "----Sandy G.

Uh, It would appear to me that we are being eclipsed----by the Rising Sun.

So, when Asian culture becomes the "Dominant culture", will you convert to Bhuddism?

Dave
Old 12-29-2009, 09:51 AM

I pledge allegiance to the flag of Walmart and to the communists for which
it stands, one nation divided with cheap goods and no jobs for all.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I'll take one dog egg roll please.

Pete
Old 12-29-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
I pledge allegiance to the flag of Walmart and to the communists for which
it stands, one nation divided with cheap goods and no jobs for all.
Good thing we have those cheap goods. Without jobs it's all we can afford.

Walmart? Communist?

Jeeze!

John