Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Ah,

You work for the Union, but you do not pay dues to them.

Yet you promote the virtue and benefits of the Union.

Many years ago, when I was in Law enforcement, a group called VOICE was trying to remove the AFL-CIO from the east coast, and their headquarters were burned down and three bodies of the Voice leadership were found dead inside the building. I, and others investigated this suspicious fire and deaths of these men, and you will never guess who the main suspects were ?

Upon investigation of the AFL-CIO officials and their assistants, I learned from the officials that all of them carried union card, but none of them paid dues. When I asked them why they did not pay dues, I was told, "Because WE ARE THE UNION" and they laughed.

I learned after that, that no union officials paid dues ? And now I see that their lawyers also, do not pay dues ?

It is just funny that a business/ organization, that they promote to be so outstanding, are not paying for the benefits they receive from the Union ? But they certainly demand that you do !
Old 07-03-2012, 01:59 PM

Oh,

And I say that because YOU are the UNION, just as YOU are AMERICA !
Old 07-03-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
Ah,

No, Willy, Don doesn't pay dues to the AFL-CIO because... guess what... he's not a member of the AFL-CIO. He does pay dues (or his firm does) to the Lawyers Coordinating Committee. Know why? They're members.

You really are a lamebrain, aren't you?

John
Old 07-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Resident octogenarian

Try some union bashing on this man.

http://reuther100.wayne.edu/bio.php
Old 07-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Admin

Quote:
Ah,

Many years ago, when I was in Law enforcement, a group called VOICE was trying to remove the AFL-CIO from the east coast, and their headquarters were burned down and three bodies of the Voice leadership were found dead inside the building. I, and others investigated this suspicious fire and deaths of these men, and you will never guess who the main suspects were ?

Upon investigation of the AFL-CIO officials and their assistants, I learned from the officials that all of them carried union card, but none of them paid dues. When I asked them why they did not pay dues, I was told, "Because WE ARE THE UNION" and they laughed.

I learned after that, that no union officials paid dues ? And now I see that their lawyers also, do not pay dues ?

It is just funny that a business/ organization, that they promote to be so outstanding, are not paying for the benefits they receive from the Union ? But they certainly demand that you do !
How come I can't find any reference to this, Bill? What city did this happen in?
Old 07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Admin

Quote:
Ah,

Upon investigation of the AFL-CIO officials and their assistants, I learned from the officials that all of them carried union card, but none of them paid dues. When I asked them why they did not pay dues, I was told, "Because WE ARE THE UNION" and they laughed.I learned after that, that no union officials paid dues ? And now I see that their lawyers also, do not pay dues ?

You might not understand why they laughed Bill but let me give you a hint. They probably thought you were asking a lame question or that you were showing your anti union bias and believed that you deserved a bit of derision.
Not to be too personal but as an investigator how many cases did you sucessfully clear, percentage wise?
Old 07-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I've mentioned this story before... I was working selling temporary help (I know, the Great Evil ) and talking to the vice pres at a client company.

I ended up being present during a conversation between the exec and a truck driver. The driver talked about how their used to be two parties at the negotiating table, the owners and the workers, with the workers repped by their unions. Now (he said) there's three, the owners, the workers, and the unions. He believed 'the unions' (he was certainly speaking to the Teamsters union) were working for themselves and a leech. As he walked away he said something like 'long live the workers'

Very entertaining.

Pete
Old 07-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Ah,

No one ever pay DUES to an organization they WORK FOR, you receive PAYMENT from people you WORK for.

But, I'm sure the Republican party will find a way to change all of that one fine day.

(BTW, Did anyone see Bachmann on t.v. last night? Still just a slogan repeating robot.)

Dave
Old 07-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I've mentioned this story before... I was working selling temporary help (I know, the Great Evil ) and talking to the vice pres at a client company.

I ended up being present during a conversation between the exec and a truck driver. The driver talked about how their used to be two parties at the negotiating table, the owners and the workers, with the workers repped by their unions. Now (he said) there's three, the owners, the workers, and the unions. He believed 'the unions' (he was certainly speaking to the Teamsters union) were working for themselves and a leech. As he walked away he said something like 'long live the workers'

Very entertaining.

Pete
As he hired temp workers (scabs) to replace union drivers at much reduced wages, from you......right?

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Dave
Old 07-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

No. It was a production facility, and did something I would never do - staffed their line almost exclusively with temps. The driver was there on a delivery.

But thanks

Temps have their place. And when you're done with them, you can just toss'em in a dumpster

Pete