Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Area Man

You know, there are troops out there dying to save you from terrorists.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Abby Normal

I have no clue what your last two posts mean Dave????
Old 03-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Because he's black? You know why hoods are called hoods? Because they wear hoodies.

It's intentional. It makes it harder to make a positive ID. I see it regularly - black, white, hispanic, martian.

One thing I've noticed about the 'nice' inner surburbs, where you'd better have bars on the windows if you know what's good for you. You are FORCED to accept it. You are not allowed to enforce a better neighborhood atmosphere.

It's a shame this young man died, but this whole thing is turned on its' head. What would normally be considered a good thing, a resident voulenteers to police his neighborhood. That would be a GOOD neighbor btw.

He spots a kid who looks shady and keeps an eye on him. The kid ATTACKS him, he reacts. And he's the bad guy.

I'm glad my neighborhood is 100% armed. Strange but we haven't had any murders...

Pete
Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Because he's black? You know why hoods are called hoods? Because they wear hoodies.

It's intentional. It makes it harder to make a positive ID. I see it regularly - black, white, hispanic, martian.

One thing I've noticed about the 'nice' inner surburbs, where you'd better have bars on the windows if you know what's good for you. You are FORCED to accept it. You are not allowed to enforce a better neighborhood atmosphere.

It's a shame this young man died, but this whole thing is turned on its' head. What would normally be considered a good thing, a resident voulenteers to police his neighborhood. That would be a GOOD neighbor btw.

He spots a kid who looks shady and keeps an eye on him. The kid ATTACKS him, he reacts. And he's the bad guy.

I'm glad my neighborhood is 100% armed. Strange but we haven't had any murders...

Pete
Pete, he was visiting family in that complex. It was RAINING that night. Is it odd in your part of the world to have a hood up in the rain?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Pete

Strange I always thought "the hood" was a localism for neighborhood.

Or did you forget the smiley face?

Barney
Old 03-28-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
You are kidding, right Pete? Hood, as in short for HOODLUM.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:

Pete
Who's jumping to conclusions now?

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-28-2012, 10:02 AM

The facts as we know it are:

A 17 year old was visiting family in the complex. (Dad's France)
He decided to walk to the store to get a snack and talked on the phone while doing so.
He was spotted by a resident who thought he was suspicious.
That resident then called the police (911) who told him to wait and let them handle the situation.
The resident chooses to ignore the police and take the matter into his own hands.
He follows the teen.
An Altercation ensues.
He shoots the teen who dies.

Anything wrong with any of this?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post

He decided to walk to the store to get a snack and talked on the phone while doing so.
That resident then called the police (911) who told him to wait and let them handle the situation.
The resident chooses to ignore the police and take the matter into his own hands.
He follows the teen.
An Altercation ensues.

Sure.

Lots.

The only thing lethal was the gun.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post

He follows the teen.
An Altercation ensues.

Yes, as a matter of fact.
1. The dispatcher did not tell him to wait and let them handle the situation. The dispatcher asked if Zimmerman was following the kid. Zimmerman said yes. The dispatcher then said "ok, we don't need you to do that". They never said wait, they never said let them handle the situation. They never told him he should go back to his residence. In fact, the dispatcher suggested he meet the enroute officer "at the mailboxes" and Zimmerman said "just have him call me for where I'll be".
2. He did not ignore the police. The dispatcher said they didn't need him to follow. That's a whole world different than saying "do not follow him".

Zimmerman obviously was frustrated that the police had not been effective at stopping the criminal activity in the area, and may have decided that while the police didn't "need" him to follow the guy, he was going to do it anyway. BUT, we don't know that's the case. The kid may have circled around on Zimmerman and surprised him. I find it hard to fathom that Zimmerman could have caught up with him if in fact the kid were running back to the residence he was visiting, which you would think would be the natural course of action when you're in a strange area you don't live in and you're just out getting some candy before the game starts.
But, I guess the kid could have stumbled and fell down, and fatty was able to catch up and plug him for fun, then quickly smash his own head into the ground before anyone comes along. You think that's what happened?