Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-10-2022, 02:06 PM

Emmanuel Macron vs Ilsa the She Wolf

Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen on track to advance to French presidential runoff, data shows

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/10/europ...ntl/index.html

Horrific that French voters would give so many votes to this nazi. It hasn't been all that long since the nazis occupied France, for dog's sake. Memories are very short.
Old 04-10-2022, 03:22 PM

Guess you never studied the French and WWII or watched "The Sorrow and the Pity".

More then they like to admit today, were strong supporters of Hitler. Should not surprise in reality just how easily and effective the lure comfort will make monsters out of people.
Old 04-10-2022, 05:53 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Guess you never studied the French and WWII or watched "The Sorrow and the Pity".

More then they like to admit today, were strong supporters of Hitler. Should not surprise in reality just how easily and effective the lure comfort will make monsters out of people.
Hitler had support from diverse regions and peoples because the Hitler gangs had proved themselves in the streets to be effective anti-soviet.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:54 PM

Hitler presented himself and the NSDAP as the anti-Communist alternative in a contest limited to two choices without considering other options.
Toxic authoratian nationalism led by a tyrannical autocrat either way.
Old 04-11-2022, 06:01 AM

Most people just want to live, will make excuses and accept ever increasing hardships. Turn in their friends, family, neighbors to protect even enrich themselves. Human nature and history has shown time and time again. To few will standup and push back during the initial stages of gaining control.

This takeover was not an overnight onetime occurrence. Rather slow small increments until it can not be ignored then it is to late. Much like in this country the extreme right nationalists have been gaining key segments to control. Just a matter of time. We are to close to see it happening or in the thinking, hoping it won't.

Fear and terror have proven effective tools in control. Why they have never gone away.
Old 04-11-2022, 07:28 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:

This takeover was not an overnight onetime occurrence. Rather slow small increments until it can not be ignored then it is to late..
True.
It had its seed in the huge reparation demands.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:34 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I know her dad was super hard right but and she's no slouch but ... she's a Nazi? Are we sure we're not watering down that disgusting moniker and/or perhaps being overly insulting?

Barring some sort of political earthquake I don't see how Macron can lose.

Btw, because of his looks, I always think his nickname should be 'The Hawk'. It's killing me most of the left over there is supporting him, even the commies, because of Le Pen

More righty 'reform' to come?
Old 04-11-2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
True.
It had its seed in the huge reparation demands.
[QUOTE=Dondilion;406196]

Might well be true or contributing too... just may to hide the fact a strong man in charge seems to be the most common form of government.

A collective form of governing is some will argue the best for everyone, a strong central few in charge seem to be the norm. With the few in charge the rich and powerful.

After the war to end all wars, there was a fight going on for just who was in charge. The common man was gaining power thru means like unions and gaining voting. Growing pains were to be expected. The old guard of power brokers thinking they could control a strong man in country would back the devil to keep the riches. Old story money and power feeds corruption and evil.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I know her dad was super hard right but and she's no slouch but ... she's a Nazi? Are we sure we're not watering down that disgusting moniker and/or perhaps being overly insulting?

Barring some sort of political earthquake I don't see how Macron can lose.

Btw, because of his looks, I always think his nickname should be 'The Hawk'. It's killing me most of the left over there is supporting him, even the commies, because of Le Pen

More righty 'reform' to come?

He might be able to pull in others groups into a coalition to win.
As to her intentions, I don't think that apple fell to far off the tree of authoritarianism...
Old 04-12-2022, 06:46 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
He might be able to pull in others groups into a coalition to win.
'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'

'Two out of three ain't bad'

(The reds and the pinks (and the greenies) want him to win, they need him to win, but they're ain't no way they're ever gonna love him )

It looks like Macron's done a great job and someone had to take the EU mantle now that Merkel's retired. I wish I had a better inside France perspective though, it's hard to grasp the zeitgeist of a nation from the outside.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:36 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'

'Two out of three ain't bad'

(The reds and the pinks (and the greenies) want him to win, they need him to win, but they're ain't no way they're ever gonna love him )

It looks like Macron's done a great job and someone had to take the EU mantle now that Merkel's retired. I wish I had a better inside France perspective though, it's hard to grasp the zeitgeist of a nation from the outside.
Where's Mystic when you need him? IIRC he lives in la belle France. Personally, I'd call Marine Le Pen Nazi adjacent.

Last edited by bobabode; 04-12-2022 at 07:38 AM.