Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I don't blame you at all. This place has gone mad. Not quite completely mad, just yet, but not far from it.

Dave
You have got to get out of there for a while, and then take a look at it from the outside. It is completely mad. The country is heading for true economic ruin, and the central issue is making sure that the boys can play with their little, metal penises. There is just no perspective anymore.

And I have been around guns all of my life.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereocuuple View Post
all this silly threat laden post does is prove my point. not one of you ever cared about trevon martin or his family. its only a tool for you to achieve your goals.

so you think if the left has enough guns and bigger guns that you can come and disarm the lawful firearm owners of this nation.

that my friend is CIVIL WAR.

if it ever comes to that we will exterminate those who would seek to usurp & steal our rights.

you can take this to the bank as fact.
Really? Ignored.

Last edited by bobabode; 07-14-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
No, I'm just tired of people hiding behind religion. And using the name of Christ to justify things that are far from Christ-like. This is the reason I'll have nothing to do with organized religion or politicians who use it to manipulate people.

I don't expect you to understand that, Eric.

Dave
dave

both erin &i are dyed in the wool atheist. i dont even believe in the existence of a soul.

all the ills of this earth are the fault of any belief in a spirit being of any kind.

if everyone realized this is the only life we have. our only spin of the wheel. we would take better care of each other. we would take better care of our home.

i understand exactly what your saying. in fact i agree with it.

im sorry for what i said. i know your upset & angry. i really ment it when i said. "now pray for the healing of our nation" your response just made me mad and i said something i regret.

im sorry

eric
Old 07-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
You have got to get out of there for a while, and then take a look at it from the outside. It is completely mad. The country is heading for true economic ruin, and the central issue is making sure that the boys can play with their little, metal penises. There is just no perspective anymore.

And I have been around guns all of my life.
Well, they need them to "protect their freedom"....as the powers that be, many of whom they ardently support themselves, slowly erode at every last right they have without using physical force at all.

And, they still don't get the picture. They bring a gun to a battle being fought with money.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-14-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
dave

both erin &i are dyed in the wool atheist. i dont even believe in the existence of a soul.

all the ills of this earth are the fault of any belief in a spirit being of any kind.

if everyone realized this is the only life we have. our only spin of the wheel. we would take better care of each other. we would take better care of our home.

im sorry for what i said. i know your upset & angry. i really ment it when i said. "now pray for the healing of our nation" your response just made me mad and i said something i regret.

im sorry

eric
It's about 100 degrees outside. Seems cool by comparison to this issue.

Nice post. Remember to be as gracious in defeat too.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
i dont even believe in the existence of a soul.
That explains your fear.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Area Man

Quote:
dave

im sorry

eric
Okay, in that regard, I stand corrected. For the record, I am not an Atheist. I just have no use for organized religion and it's co-mingling with government.

Dave
Old 07-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Admin

Quote:
Well, they need them to "protect their freedom"....as the powers that be, many of whom they ardently support themselves, slowly erode at every last right they have without using physical force at all.

And, they still don't get the picture. They bring a gun to a battle being fought with money.

Dave
If I lived anywhere but California? I would be shopping for a 12 guage today and no I would not be signing up with that obviously terrorist organization, the NRA.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
oh no no no no.

CA. and i mean all of it goes with you fellas.

we could balance the federal budget instantly.
No, you couldn't. Washington and California are net contributors (e.g. they give far more money to the Federal Government than they demand in return) and Oregon is barely a net consumer (it's balance is approximately -$500/person). The budget would be in worse shape by about $55B. But let's not let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

-D
Old 07-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
I really can't understand your view on this. To me, the media has got fuck all to do with it....
Were it not for the national media covering this as they did, none of us would have a clue about this shooting in Sanford, FL (one of thousands that occur annually in this country). In short, there were 2 completely divergent stories here - the one outside the courtroom focused on race and guns and presented by the media in a manor to fit their own political and business interests and the story inside the courtroom.

The courtroom story (that I admittedly did not watch) seems to have focused on whether there was a reasonable doubt as to whether Zimmerman committed murder (or manslaughter) or acted in self-defense. It seems that the evidence convinced the jury that there was reasonable doubt as to whether murder or manslaughter occurred.

Nobody here does themselves any favor getting manipulated by media to the point of believing that have a full and unbiased understanding of Zimmerman's guilt or innocence.