Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org Rules
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-18-2020, 02:14 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
I have a question about that. I'm assuming this doesn't include photos that are shared via the picture link and insertion of a URL since I see no option to resize a photo. Or am I missing a feature of the software we use here?
You'll have to resize it yourself. I use Paint for instance or you can find a smaller version.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You'll have to resize it yourself. I use Paint for instance or you can find a smaller version.
Or I can just post the link without the img delimiters.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2020, 02:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Or I can just post the link without the img delimiters.

Thanks!
Or you can keep posting large pictures and garner yourself a timeout. That's the next step. It's up to you.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Or you can keep posting large pictures and garner yourself a timeout. That's the next step. It's up to you.
I've been guilty of this? I had no idea. But like I said...just post the link and I don't have to worry about it.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
Note: Picture size limits are 800x600.

http://politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7542
It's a pain in my tucas to edit posts with extra large pictures. Please don't be that poster. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
It's a pain in my tucas to edit posts with extra large pictures. Please don't be that poster. Thanks.
My bad, sorry.

I'm not computer savvy. Substituted one that fits, but it's a little over the limit.

I won't play cat and mouse with you. Won't try it again if this one doesn't work.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
My bad, sorry.

I'm not computer savvy. Substituted one that fits, but it's a little over the limit.

I won't play cat and mouse with you. Won't try it again if this one doesn't work.
Cat and mouse? I don't volunteer here to take snide shyte like this from a guy who doesn't understand how software works on a internet forum. Grow the hell up, Big Guy. Sorry for that but it needs to be said.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
http://politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7618

WARNING RE: Offensive posts

"Fair warning: The 100 percent tolerance is over. We will start with temporary suspensions and move from there. This will apply to future posts, and it will apply to inappropriate posts as well as those that are clear provocations of such posts.

We will also start enforcing the rule that is strictly enforced at AK: public discussions of moderation decisions are off limits. That means that if discipline is imposed, there will be no cartwheels of celebration or bitching about it being unfair. There are plenty of topics here for discussion. Moderation will not be one of them.

This has been a topic of serious discussion among the moderators and the management.

Regards,

D-Ray"
Bears repeating...once again. Some of you newcomers are unaware that we actually do have some rules here. Imagine that.

Yes, the joint runs with an eye towards the First Amendment. No, that doesn't mean this is Tombstone before the Earp brothers and Doc Holliday breezed into town.

Don't whine about how unfairly you've been treated by the mgmt./mods/rockers/admins. Chances are you pushed the envelope and got banned temporarily. Pushing that same envelope will get you a more permanent vacation.

Your rapier sharp wit may be the shizzle in whatever burg you hail from but don't get too bent if the membership isn't dazzled by your brilliance or baffled by your bullshit.

One other thing, your friendly neighborhood admin/mod/janitor is just another AKer in good standing who volunteered to help out. That doesn't mean I park my politics at the door or that I'm here to be your babysitter or nanny.

Thanks.

ps this isn't an invitation to run your pet peeve/burnt tailfeathers up the flagpole in the open forums. Take it to the private messaging system.
Old 05-11-2023, 06:42 PM
Admin

Once again. smh
Old 05-31-2023, 12:03 AM
Banned

Are we allowed to use the words: woke or wokester?