Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-22-2021, 08:56 PM
Admin

sigh - http://politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7618
Old 02-23-2021, 07:16 AM

Speaking of a "storm" of sorts. The latest QAanonsense is the supposedly real inauguration (of Lord Felthersnatch) will occur on March fourth. The convoluted thinking of this is that no president inaugurated after 1937 is legit and as such Biden is not the president. Normal logic would deduce that since tRump's 2017 inauguration occurred on Jan 21st, his presidency* would have been illegitimate as well. Buoyed by #DiaperDon's statement at the end of his Jan 7 speech where Trump said 'Our incredible journey is only just beginning.' the Qanitwits believe a “storm” is (still) coming where Democrats and others are rounded up and tried or killed. If that sounds familiar, it should (hint: Holocaust). I guess March 4th is the rain date for the "storm" that was supposed to have occured on Jan 20th. Another sign exciting the Qanitwits is the rates at Donny's hotel more than doubling on the days surrounding the big day

Last edited by RickeyM; 02-23-2021 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:42 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Sure, sure, I disdain Trump.

But Trump is a symptom.

What I don't understand is why so many Americans support him and/or believe lunacy.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:53 AM
Ready

Because people, except in limited application, are very irrational. We go with instinct, bias, and cues from others.
Old 02-23-2021, 01:21 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Sure, sure, I disdain Trump.

But Trump is a symptom.

What I don't understand is why so many Americans support him and/or believe lunacy.
Yep. I think it's because, for whatever reason, they want to. They see the insanity but they ignore it.

For the Evangelists it's all about abortion, gay marriage, the alleged "War on Christianity" and a president who finally echoed their "Christian Nation" mantra.

For rednecks, guns, militia and all the flag waiving hullabaloo.

For the businessman, legitimized, outright greed.

Then, of course the white supremacists seem to love him for some mysterious reason.............

In other words all of the people who've been ridiculed and ignored by the establishment for decades.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
In other words all of the people who've been ridiculed and ignored by the establishment for decades.
Aye, there's the rub. If you can't join 'em beat 'em.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:47 PM
Admin

'Life amid the ruins of QAnon: ‘I wanted my family back’' WaPo

"She bought ammunition, camping gear, a water purifier and boxes of canned food. Then, Tyler’s mother started wearing a holstered pistol around the house, convinced that 10 days of unrest and mass power outages were coming.

The chaos would culminate, she assured her son, in former president Donald Trump’s triumphant return to power on March 4, the original Inauguration Day before the passage of the 20th Amendment in 1932.

Tyler, 24, had been living with his mother an hour north of Minneapolis since he graduated college in 2019. The paranoia and fear that had engulfed his home had become unbearable in the months since Trump began to falsely claim that the 2020 election had been stolen from him.

“Any advice for dealing with a qanon parent who thinks ww3 will happen during the inauguration?” Tyler asked last month on r/QAnonCasualties, a fast-growing Reddit group for those whose loved ones have been consumed by the bizarre and byzantine universe of baseless conspiracy theories known as QAnon.

“Do they have weapons?” one of the site’s moderators asked.

“Yep. A lot of them,” Tyler replied. “I would leave, but I don’t have anywhere to go.” He said he couldn’t imagine cutting ties to his mother." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...top-table-main

Good article about the havoc this disturbing cult has inflicted on families across the country.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:25 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"She bought ammunition, camping gear, a water purifier and boxes of canned food. Then, Tyler’s mother started wearing a holstered pistol around the house, convinced that 10 days of unrest and mass power outages were coming.

The chaos would culminate, she assured her son, in former president Donald Trump’s triumphant return to power on March 4, the original Inauguration Day before the passage of the 20th Amendment in 1932.

Tyler, 24, had been living with his mother an hour north of Minneapolis since he graduated college in 2019. The paranoia and fear that had engulfed his home had become unbearable in the months since Trump began to falsely claim that the 2020 election had been stolen from him.

“Any advice for dealing with a qanon parent who thinks ww3 will happen during the inauguration?” Tyler asked last month on r/QAnonCasualties, a fast-growing Reddit group for those whose loved ones have been consumed by the bizarre and byzantine universe of baseless conspiracy theories known as QAnon.

“Yep. A lot of them,” Tyler replied. “I would leave, but I don’t have anywhere to go.” He said he couldn’t imagine cutting ties to his mother." WP

Good article about the havoc this disturbing cult has inflicted on families across the country.
Yep, people who have been driven insane by Q-Anon fueled echo chamber hysteria.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:39 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

Yep, people who have been driven insane by Q-Anon fueled echo chamber hysteria.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:52 PM

What scares me the most folks, they have no sense of up or down. Right or wrong, moral compass. Just what the "Q" instructs!