Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Being on a tiny phone with no time to fight three toddlers to keep hands off a PC, I'll try to say this in a nutshell before the toddlers get into something else.

I voted for Trump and plan to do so again in November. It's not just because he's not Hillary, but in all honesty I do not like her much either. I don't worship Trump, that's for sure, but I support him because he's the only one who is on key with what many people feel needs to be done. Control our borders, properly vet each and every person BEFORE they are allowed to enter the USA, and it'd be nice to see made in USA once again on the things that we buy. It'll mean an American has a job making it. Even some of our most costly tools are showing up on tool trucks with made elsewhere printed on them. Prices are still premium though of course. EPA is driving much stuff out of our country, just write a tool company a letter asking why they doing this and then read about how hard it is to chrome plate something in the USA now. If the things the EPA is such dicks about in the USA is so important to the environment then what's the difference in making it elsewhere... it'd still impact the environment either way so why not leave USA companies alone? It only hurts us when they dick us but ok it to be made offshore the same way. The jobs belong here.

I could go on on and on but I haven't the time. Kids are climbing stuff as I type so see y'all later.
You were good so far until you touch the EPA. The EPA for the most part tries in the face of stiff opposition to protect me, you and your kids.

What is needed is mechanism to force those who trade with us to abide by our environmental standards.

Last edited by Dondilion; 07-22-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:13 PM

If I vote, it will be because I'm voting FOR something or someone, not because I'm voting AGAINST something or someone. If I can't do that, I'll stay home.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:19 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
If I vote, it will be because I'm voting FOR something or someone, not because I'm voting AGAINST something or someone. If I can't do that, I'll stay home.
You've sure been defensive about der Almighty Trumpenfuhrer though.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You've sure been defensive about der Almighty Trumpenfuhrer though.
No. What I have been amazed by is how Trump's is still something that the media can't figure out. They keep getting it wrong about Trump, and getting it wrong in the most amazing example of group - think I've ever witnessed.

I am certainly aligned with some of his positions, but I'm not sold on the total package.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:51 PM

I don't think Trump is running. I think his family is. The guy can't do anything without all his children being nearby. The vibe I get is that they are not merely campaign window dressing. Should the world end they may be the people behind the curtain in the Oval Office.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
No. What I have been amazed by is how Trump's is still something that the media can't figure out. They keep getting it wrong about Trump, and getting it wrong in the most amazing example of group - think I've ever witnessed.

I am certainly aligned with some of his positions, but I'm not sold on the total package.
Plenty of people have figured him out. He's a narcissistic demagogue with a populist/nationalist ideology promoting authoritarian solutions. Any more question?
Old 07-22-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:

Can you Trumpsplain it for us, whell? Help us figure him out.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
You were good so far until you touch the EPA. The EPA for the most part tries in the face of stiff opposition to protect me, you and your kids.

What is needed is mechanism to force those who trade with us to abide by our environmental standards.
Absolutely. +1
Old 07-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Absolutely. +1
Nah, dioxin makes you big and strong and lead intake makes you smart.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post

Sorta like battery companies. I asked them why is it now costing 100.00 for the same batteries I used to get for 40.00 and you know what their anwser was? Thank the EPA, they've made it very costly to make a product for us to provide to you. And that's not to mention the batteries that cost 250.00 now. When I install one of those I sometimes have to explain to someone why the price is so much higher than the last one they bought 8 years ago. It really sucks, and it hurts people. And tires? God don't get me started