Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:04 PM

It's not what happens, it how you let it affect you. Just laugh it off, ignore it, and let her suffer the effects.

Seriously, if you take this into perspective, it's really no big deal at all.

Understand, I've had asshole neighbors call the cops on me too, and for really no good reasons...although this is about the most chickenshit thing I've ever witnessed. And it would piss me off too.

Whatever you do, don't work yourself up until you snap like a glass rod. I've done this too, and got clean away with it, but it will wear on you for a long time.

She wants attention, and apparently this has worked for her in the past. If you ignore her, you are denying her the results she wants. Once she figures that much out, she'll find a new mark.

Chas
Old 03-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Now shes honking at my wife and cut her off in traffic.

Hate to say it but I think shes either racist as hell or just plain messed up in the head.

I have had many neighbors over the years who we did not get along. Always kept our distance.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It's not what happens, it how you let it affect you. Just laugh it off, ignore it, and let her suffer the effects.
words of wisdom

some day I'll develop the character to implement them in similar circumstances
Old 03-24-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Now shes honking at my wife and cut her off in traffic.

Hate to say it but I think shes either racist as hell or just plain messed up in the head.

I have had many neighbors over the years who we did not get along. Always kept our distance.
Document it and call the fuzz on her. Might even be able to ask for a restraining order...D-Man would know more about the procedures than myself.

She's already shown her hand, and it's weak. And there is the possibility she's off of her meds.

Chas
Old 03-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Just a few short years ago and I would be itching to fight with the neighbors but ive learned my lesson.

Its only a rental next door and it just aint worth it. Ive seen a dozen people come and go. As long as im not fined 15 grand for not having insurance and have to lose my house, I will just stick it out and soon enough another whack job will move in.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Just a few short years ago and I would be itching to fight with the neighbors but ive learned my lesson.

Its only a rental next door and it just aint worth it. Ive seen a dozen people come and go. As long as im not fined 15 grand for not having insurance and have to lose my house, I will just stick it out and soon enough another whack job will move in.
So she's a renter, that explains a lot.

A while back, the one's across the street asked me to help them air up a tire on their POS car, in the rain. Which I did. They stole a $170 Skilsaw out of the back of my work van during the process.

But every cloud has a silver lining. Once I called them on it, the degenerates stayed on their side of the street. They finally got the boot for not paying their rent.

Chas
Old 03-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Resident octogenarian

Had similar, but much smaller, problems back in Columbia when we were alsorenters. Here we had the witch next door get on our case after we rescued the mother cat and her four kittens. She harassed us with the county, with animal control, brought in a surveyor to mark the property line (hope tha cost a bundle she has 6 acres). The upshot was that I paid $450 to move a dogwood that we had agreed in the past was a better line marker than a white painted wooden stick. Looked at it on Monday, I think it is still alive although it will not bloom this year.

The upshot is we ignore her and I was talking to the county man yesterday, he says she stopped calling them. My wife bumped into the lady who helped trap the cats so we could get them spayed and neutered and she says she has not heard from her either. I guess when animal control told her she could go to jail for harming an animal (county law) she cooled down some. Moral of the story ignore them as ignorance is bliss.

Last edited by merrylander; 03-26-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:39 AM

kinda funny how someone who doesnt know you can single you out, huh grumpy?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWAR View Post
kinda funny how someone who doesnt know you can single you out, huh grumpy?

Single you out ? Look man you dragged politics all over AK, everywhere you went. Its not our fault you could not abide by the rules.

PC.org does not have much in the way of rules but if you think im going to allow you to use this site as your personal soap box to bitch about AK, you may want to think again.

If you want to stay here and talk politics fine. If you want to stay here and take pot shots and AK and its staff, I suggest you leave.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:28 PM

actually i was referring to the racist part which you were saying saying she might be, which im kinda unclear on, , Im unclear on that because on the internet, I dont see color, Could you elaborate on that?
You arent actually pasty white with green hair are you like in your avatar, are you?
I wonder if she knew it was youir kids who shoveled the snow for her? Maybe theres an underlying reason for the way she thinks, hard to say.