Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:35 AM
Abby Normal

The perfect weather

What is the perfect weather for you?

You can create whatever weather you want. What is it you create?

What is the perfect day to you?

Perfect overall climate?

People move all the time for climate but now you get to choose the perfect one, what is it?

Me, I want it one degree above where the heat kicks in at night. About 45% outside kicks my heat set at 65 on. During the day, I want the outside temperature to heat my home to 72... so overnight it does not fall below 65. About 76-78. No humidity.

I'll take this weather 8 months.

The other 4 months, I want the high temperature to hit 32 and the low about 20. One snow storm a week and a dusting 3 nights a week.

You?
Old 04-27-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
What is the perfect weather for you?

You can create whatever weather you want. What is it you create?

What is the perfect day to you?

Perfect overall climate?

People move all the time for climate but now you get to choose the perfect one, what is it?

Me, I want it one degree above where the heat kicks in at night. About 45% outside kicks my heat set at 65 on. During the day, I want the outside temperature to heat my home to 72... so overnight it does not fall below 65. About 76-78. No humidity.

I'll take this weather 8 months.

The other 4 months, I want the high temperature to hit 32 and the low about 20. One snow storm a week and a dusting 3 nights a week.

You?
You've just described Sonoma County. Luther Burbank claimed that the climate here was the best in the world and I think he was right.

But don't even think about moving here. None of us can stand Drumpf.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:47 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
You've just described Sonoma County. Luther Burbank claimed that the climate here was the best in the world and I think he was right.

But don't even think about moving here. None of us can stand Drumpf.
I had no clue.

I have never been there. All my time spent in CALI (meetings) have been in San Diego, LA.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:55 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
I had no clue.

I have never been there. All my time spent in CALI (meetings) have been in San Diego, LA.

Although it doesn't meet your snow requirements.

No property damaging storms, minimal number of days requiring HVAC, and enough cold and hot periods to keep Mother Nature in action would be perfect enough for me.

Last edited by nailer; 04-27-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I had no clue.

I missed the snow part. We don't get any but you can drive 4 hours and find all the snow you could possibly want.

LA and San Diego are about 500 and 600 miles south of me. It's a totally different climate.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:53 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:

LA and San Diego are about 500 and 600 miles south of me. It's a totally different climate.
That I know. If I had all the cash, I'd likely choose that area to have a second home. That or Seattle WA or Portland OR.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
That I know. If I had all the cash, I'd likely choose that area to have a second home. That or Seattle WA or Portland OR.
I like The PNW and, if I were to move, it would be there. But if you're at all susceptible to SAD, it may not be the place for you. And it's getting very expensive.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
I like The PNW and, if I were to move, it would be there. But if you're at all susceptible to SAD, it may not be the place for you. And it's getting very expensive.
I like rainy days, a lot. I like the privacy they afford. It's was one of the big reasons I liked living in a city. The privacy a city renders.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:42 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
One of the biggest reasons we moved from the Portland area to central OR this year was the sadness factor. After losing our oldest son, my mom, Denise's little brother and mom in 10 months the grey and dreary fall through spring just seems never ending. I did not like the weather climate there at all, but the green and lush vegetation is quite nice. The job climate is much better over there, which kept me there many years longer than I cared for. It is much better than the rest of the state. The political climate over there isn't much to my liking, then again, it isn't here either. West side is probably the most liberal in the country and the east side the most conservative in the country. Those of us right in the middle don't really fit anywhere. Too bad because I am a Portland native.