Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Resident octogenarian

It is a small Dutch barn we got from the Amish, they set it down at the bottom of our property and levelled it. It came with two "lofts" at either end so I built the ladder for access. We initially thought the tractor would live there and the golf cart stay in the garage. It turned out that the golf cart is quite a bit longer than the tractor so it has to stay in the barn along with other garden tools etc.

Last edited by merrylander; 07-12-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I'm green with shed envy!

Pete
Old 03-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Btw Hillbilly, no, haven't seen it. But I'll be looking for it now Sounds mean!

Pete
Old 03-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Loyal Opposition

Rob, I'll bet it is hard keeping the little ones out of there, particularly with the lofts for hiding places. On the other hand, I would expect that they take full advantage of the Merrylander Limo Service for their trips around the property.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Rob, I'll bet it is hard keeping the little ones out of there, particularly with the lofts for hiding places. On the other hand, I would expect that they take full advantage of the Merrylander Limo Service for their trips around the property.

Regards,

D-Ray
Oh they had a grand old time with their Dad driving but with Maddie and Charlie taking turns sitting in his lap and steering the cart.

The cart with its "pickup" body is great for when we are gardening and stuff because there is a fifty foot difference between where the house sits and where the barn sits. Run up and down that a couple of times and you are finito.

Last edited by merrylander; 03-31-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Well I dooded it - got the parts for the timing chain for the 85. Severe duty quiet dbl roller set, new harmonic balancer, new fan clutch, new bolt/stud kit, seals and gaskets. I debated a new water pump but finances say HEY! and it's obviously been replaced before. Gonna change the intake gasket and throttlebody to intake gasket too, try to find that vacuum leak.

I'm really just a backyard hack and this one's got me a bit worried. Broken bolts in the front of the engine block - yuck.

As mentioned the water pump has been changed before though, so there's hope

Hopefully start a week from tomorrow morning weather permitting.

Got the stuff to give the 03 Merc a fresh complete set of stoppers, nice looking pair of rear discs (drilled slotted & zinc coated) for $35 del'd NOS & TOTL pads for $20 del'd on ebay, some very good quality Centric powdercoated discs for the front - I've had trouble with cheap front rotors so I forked over $55 ea del'd from Rock. And bless their closeouts' soul, $10 for a pair of cop duty front pads. Add another $15 for new caliper hardware front and back and sha-zam! I can forget about the brakes for a couple years.

I enjoy doing brakes. Nothing like the new brake feeling

Also picked up tranny filter kits for both cars, less than $3.50! ea, and they had starter solenoids on closeout for the Linc for $2.50 and hood struts for $5.50 so I bought a couple of each. Lastly a new t-stat and gasket for the 03 as I start its' tuneup/onceover.

The fun's just beginning!

Pete
Old 04-01-2011, 02:09 PM

Pete, it does sound like fun. Wish I was there, nothing like a few cold ones and a car to work on. Heaven!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Agreed! But there's fewer and fewer folks around here who think so

Cheers!

Pete
Old 04-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Resident octogenarian

Well I used to work on our cars, that was back when I was younger and when you had the hood up you coulld still see the driveway. Now lying on frozen ground bleeding brake lines does not seem like fun. Or lifting the engine out of a Hillman Minx so it could be rebuilt.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Yeah Rob, new cars are a mess. The 85 has electronics but I suspect most folk's wristwatch has more nowadays.

Btw when I said 'around here' I meant my physical location, not this site.

Pete