Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-13-2021, 09:57 AM

Good grief.... a thread started to provoke an unbalanced discussion of skin color with the intention of bashing liberals.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Good grief.... a thread started to provoke an unbalanced discussion of skin color with the intention of bashing liberals.
Yes. It's what trolls do. It is how they get their jollies. Sick bastards.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:32 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
Liberals seem to want to use concepts of color to divide people. I find that distasteful as well as dishonest. Nothing good comes from dividing people. In the marketplace of ideas, it is the idea that should prevail, not the skin color of the person making the idea.

Republicans seem to have evolved from that mentality, but sadly no one else has.
Concepts of color to divide people?

How about "Meet Willie Horton?"
How about Reagan's "Welfare queen?"
How about endless examples from Trump rhetoric, from "Mexico sending rapists" to "Shithole countries?"
If you're in a reading mood, you might pursue this, which traces the racist intent behind 'law and order' rhetoric from Nixon to Trump: https://tropicsofmeta.com/2020/06/23...original-klan/

Your partisan mudslinging on this issue cannot be regard as serious or honest argument.

You are not even trying to argue honestly. Game over.

Last edited by donquixote99; 02-13-2021 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Try actually reading it, instead of letting your prejudices take over.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Yes. It's what trolls do. It is how they get their jollies. Sick bastards.
In other words, anyone who disagrees with you and forces you to actually THINK is a troll.

Sick bastards, just for having a different opinion?
Old 02-13-2021, 12:57 PM
Banned

Concepts of color to divide people?

How about "Meet Willie Horton?"

Do you even know what Willie Horton incident was about? I'm pretty sure you don't because you would have known that it was first revealed by AL GORE.

How about Reagan's "Welfare queen?"

To bring everyone else up to speed on that idiotic argument, I take you back to a 1976 Reagan speech, with the exact wording of Welfare Queen.

https://www.newamerica.org/weekly/ri...welfare-queen/

“She used 80 names, 30 addresses, 15 telephone numbers to collect food stamps, Social Security, veterans’ benefits for four nonexistent deceased veteran husbands, as well as welfare. Her tax-free cash income alone has been running $150,000 a year.”

You probably didn't know that's what he actually said when he used the term Welfare Queen. So first question, WHAT RACE was he referring to? He didn't mention a race. Or maybe I should ask, what race in YOUR MIND is so inferior, devious and cunning would be the ONLY race who would commit the kind of fraud that Reagan was referring to. And if you say black, you probably didn't know that there was a HUGE number of poor white trash women who download illegitimate babies and lose the father for profit. Unlike you, I don't see a race in this. I see a society cancer that was created by government.

By the way, the article was REALLY partisan and ignorant. And apparently it conveniently left out the fact that Wallace was a DEMOCRAT, like other segregationists Democrats of the day. (Fulbright, Gore, Byrd, Hollings, Maddox, Clinton.)

How about endless examples from Trump rhetoric, from "Mexico sending rapists" to "Shithole countries?"

The exact quote of Trump:
Quote:
"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best," Trump said. “They're not sending you…They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists."
MS13.

https://www.ranker.com/list/mara-sal.../katia-kleyman

Quote:
“Kill, rape, control.” That's the motto for Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, a transnational criminal organization dubbed “the most dangerous gang in the world.” The gang formed in the ‘80s and has its roots in the fertile gang soil of Los Angeles. MS-13 is predominantly made up of Salvadoran immigrants who sought refuge in the United States during the Salvadoran Civil War, and is known for aggressive crimes throughout Central and North America
Trump was right. Mexico is not sending its best to America. There's nothing to dispute about that.

As far as shithole countries, what do you think Hondurans and El Salvadorians running away from? Why would they cross a thousand miles of Central American jungles, put their children at risk of disease, rape and being sold into American prostitution rings? Are they leaving total paradises, where everyone has two cars in a driveway and makes six figures a year?

Tell me what is racist about calling such a place a shithole. What race are we talking about. Negroid, Mongolian? Caucasian?

If you're in a reading mood, you might persue this, which traces the racist intent behing 'law and order' rhetoric from Nixon to Trump: https://tropicsofmeta.com/2020/06/23...original-klan/

If you somehow think there is ANYTHING that Nixon (the most LIBERAL Republican president in history) has in common with Trump, you are reading stuff written by idiots. Simple as that. We are talking about situations NOT EVEN IN THE SAME CENTURY. Also, if you have a problem with Nixon's law and order concepts, I guess you didn't vote for Biden, the man who helped draft the law in Congress that wound up locking up blacks all across the country. Last time I checked with Trump, he had signed a criminal law reform bill that emptied a LOT of prisons, a goodly portion of those released being black.

By the way, your article was uninformed and stupid and incorrect. George Wallace ran as a DEMOCRAT. He was a racist and segregationist, same as other Democrats: Albert Gore Sr, William Fulbright, Lester Maddox, Ernest Hollings Jr, Bill Clinton.

Your partisan mudslinging on this issue cannot be regard as serious or honest arguement.

Intelligent people take it seriously all the time.

And again, look at who is doing all the namecalling. You've called me a racist and a troll and for no good reason.

Right now, I'm the only one actually DISCUSSING stuff. You have yet to offer ANY argument whatsoever, except for TROLL and RACIST.

Read more, post less.

Last edited by Reason10; 02-13-2021 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually, I got this concept from a George Carlin speech at the National Press Club. Some of the things he brought up, (about Indians) I honestly didn't know about. I looked them up and found he was right. Also, when he mentioned "person of color" being dishonest and racist, he was right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc0ZHsoHAlE

Black people do not like being called colored people. The phrase "People of color" is pretty much the same thing with just a preposition added. Weren't you even paying attention?

By the way, if you are about to bash George Carlin, saying a comedian isn't qualified to give opinions on race, politics or anything else, I hope you be at least be as critical of failed comedians like Jim Carrey, Colbert, Letterman, and other left wing bigots on TV.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:08 PM
Ready

Quote:
Yes. No more troll food will be provided by me!
Old 02-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Yes. No more troll food will be provided by me!
You're the only troll here. It doesn't matter how long you've been here. You just insult people who disagree with you.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:27 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
It's only the liberal Democrats who look to divide us on the basis of appearance.
If it helps, my views regarding you have nothing to do with appearance.