Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:05 PM

Looks like this movie is available on Netflix currently streaming.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Hey Chas, good to see you around.

Certainly the shooter is responsible for his own actions. But where did he learn to hate so deeply that he believed that a class of individuals did not deserve to live - even when they were nice to him?

Regards,

D-Ray
Don,

As much as I'd like to respond to everyone, JJ in particular, I'll respond to you only...as we were slugging in out while Political Chat was in it's infancy. The devil I know...at least the longest.

I have no idea why someone would develop enough hate to murder people who they have no quarrel with other than the color of their skin, their creed...etc.

How did Mencken put it?

" There is no reasonable man, who at times has not considered spitting on his hands, raising the black flag, and beginning to slit throats."

The best I can do from memory.

I think we all WISH to do it from time to time, but to ACTUALLY do it requires someone who is insane.

The stimuli is there, most people can control their actions. The insane can't.

And while I stand by my statement of "Strap him in the big chair and throw the switch on the wall.", I can't help but feel sorry for the miserable bastard.

By the grace of God we all tiptoe on the line of being rational vs insane.

This little asshole crossed the line...and he doesn't even know why.

It's sad, really. But there will always be the insane who are unable to differiate between reality and the voices in their heads.

In closing. Were someone to murder someone I loved, I could forgive them.

But I would probably feel better if I could catch them, take a slapper and beat their head to the point as to where is resembled a rotten melon which was ran over by a truck.

Bottom line is, we're homo sapiens. We've been murdering on another since recorded history began.

It's not hate, it's our nature.

Chas
Old 06-27-2015, 05:49 PM

Chas, you seem to totally absolve those hate mongers who wrap themselves in that hateful flag or other monstrous symbols and provide ready-made perverted rationales for people like this little shit in South Carolina to act as he did. As far as I'm concerned, every last putrid one of them is an accessory before the fact.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Don,

As much as I'd like to respond to everyone, JJ in particular, I'll respond to you only...as we were slugging in out while Political Chat was in it's infancy. The devil I know...at least the longest.

I have no idea why someone would develop enough hate to murder people who they have no quarrel with other than the color of their skin, their creed...etc.

How did Mencken put it?

" There is no reasonable man, who at times has not considered spitting on his hands, raising the black flag, and beginning to slit throats."

I think we all WISH to do it from time to time, but to ACTUALLY do it requires someone who is insane.

And while I stand by my statement of "Strap him in the big chair and throw the switch on the wall.", I can't help but feel sorry for the miserable bastard.

It's sad, really. But there will always be the insane who are unable to differiate between reality and the voices in their heads.

But I would probably feel better if I could catch them, take a slapper and beat their head to the point as to where is resembled a rotten melon which was ran over by a truck.

Bottom line is, we're homo sapiens. We've been murdering on another since recorded history began.

Chas

Chas....I know you didn't address me.... But I gotta say something here.

That kid isn't insane. He is impressionable, mixed up and immature. He was filled with hate as he visited websites that advocated discrimination for those who are not white. Without proper guidance to put some perspective on those type of websites..... He was pulled into their hate, believing he could make a difference for that cause.

Years ago..... Those mixed up , dis enfranchised kids were targets for the likes of the moonies or Jim jones. With the benefit of technology.... Fringe groups and cults now use the Internet.

You can try to rationalize all you want..... But the gun culture which has been imbedded in our country since the days of the Wild West, the mafia, Bonnie and Clyde..... Then romanticized by books and movies.... coupled with groups that spread hate and discrimination and that cultivate young members to do their bidding is what brought us to this point in time.

Insane? No..... This kid is not insane.

What is insane is that after all the mass shootings with high powered weapons..... Nothing effective is being done to stop the gun violence.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Ready

Quote:

Chas
I think human nature is not all one thing, but contains contradictions. I also think it varies from individual to individual. And there is scope for personal choice, and personal responsibility, though some people seem a lot better at this than others.

Bottom line--some people are likely to raise the black flag at any minute, while some will never even think of doing it, Mencken's claim that everyone is like him notwithstanding. And hate is the emotion that makes us enjoy the idea of cutting throats, smashing heads, etc, etc. I think when you say it's not hate, you are just rejecting a label. Hate by any other name will kill as sweet....
Old 06-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Don,

How did Mencken put it?

Chas
Have you read his manifesto? He knows why. He knows exactly why and planned his actions, malice aforethought.

He was in complete control of his actions and it very definitely was hate.

http://lastrhodesian.com/data/documents/rtf88.txt

With Love,
Dave
Old 06-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Admin

Yep. No insanity defense for this terrorist. The needle's too good for this murderous cretin, throw him to the wolves.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:08 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I like Jeff Bridges as an actor.

I also liked his dad Lloyd.

But I just don't care for the Big Lebowski.

IMO the best Jeff Bridges movies are the ones he did in the 70's and 80's.

Movies like:

The Last Picture Show
Bad Company
Fat City
Rancho Deluxe
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot
Starman
8 Million Ways to Die
King Kong
Somebody Killed her Husband
Cutter's Way.
Etc.
Rancho Deluxe
Old 06-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Yep. No insanity defense for this terrorist. The needle's too good for this murderous cretin, throw him to the wolves.
On June 17, 2015, Private Dylann Roof of the Confederate Army committed a war crime by the murder of nine unarmed civilian non-combatants.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:24 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Rancho Deluxe
I found it on youtube the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LKoOzAb4Bs