Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
Reason Mag is a constant companion.. But they got something wrong there.

Obama's name shouldn't be on his Nobel Prize and it shouldn't be on the growing deficit.. He actually has not LED very much at all on ANY budget or legislative initiative.

Those big chunks of indebtedness should have Pelosi/Reid all over them..

In fact, they ought to dig a huge hole in the Washington Mall and build an inverted phallic structure INTO the hole to honor this historical feat..

Think we could take up a private fund for this memorial??

Ummmm....isn't one Weiner enough?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Ummmm....isn't one Weiner enough?
You have no idea how funny that actually is to me.. Someday -- I might share the humor...

But this would be an INVERTED weiner. Kinda symbolically humping the sacred ground of our blessed capitol...

Better idea -- we could grow it DOWNWARD as each debt ceiling increase gets passed...
Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
I found this over at:
http://reason.com/archives/2011/07/2...-crazy-or-just

I wonder how many voters actually understand what the debt battle actually entails. I thought this was straight forward without all the obfuscation and FUD of the parties.
Like the Libertarians used to say, "One Party wants to do it to you in four years, the other wants to take six."

Now you Libs can cuss the Teabaggers all you want, but they're the ONLY ones out there who are making noises to the effect of fundamentally changing the nature of things.

Maybe they're only Memorex, and they want to take eight years. And maybe they're not ready for prime time.

But why not let a little fresh air into the room?

Unless you're pleased with the current status quo.

Chas
Old 07-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Like the Libertarians used to say, "One Party wants to do it to you in four years, the other wants to take six."

Now you Libs can cuss the Teabaggers all you want, but they're the ONLY ones out there who are making noises to the effect of fundamentally changing the nature of things.

Maybe they're only Memorex, and they want to take eight years. And maybe they're not ready for prime time.

But why not let a little fresh air into the room?

Unless you're pleased with the current status quo.

Chas
they campaign against their own best interests

the teabaggers would be fine if they wanted a balanced budget but that is not the case

they simply want cuts in domestic programs

a very different thing

We need cuts in MILITARY, not even on the table from either party!

Do these knuckleheads say a word about this?

We need revenue because this is what got us into this mess.

Do these Neanderthals say a word about this?

and to make matters worse they would rather cut the baby in half and kill it than compromise on custody

I see absolutely no redeeming value in this scourge to America.

Tell me honest Chas, do you want to cut grandmas check from $1,100 a month to $900 a month and then charge her $300 instead of $150 a months for reduced healthacre services? Here in the richest country on earth?
This is what the teabagbbers want.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:

I trust Libertarians to take apart the govt/corporate collusion part. I'm not sure I can trust these new Tea people to kill the blood supply between the two..

I also trust Libertarians to concentrate on Defense of this country and to extricate us from all these "non-wars" where we bomb and deny "a war exists". Not clear the Tea folks are gonna be coherent on this one either..

But the Tea Party hasn't been tested as much as Libertarians either. They just piggy-back on the Repub. Party while we have to sweat money and blood just to make it onto the ballot in 50 states every election cycle.. Most folks have no idea how hard it is to do that. And if the Tea Party had that challenge every couple years, to exist as a legal recognized party, they'd be too tired to pull up their tights..
Old 07-28-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I trust Libertarians to take apart the govt/corporate collusion part. I'm not sure I can trust these new Tea people to kill the blood supply between the two..

I also trust Libertarians to concentrate on Defense of this country and to extricate us from all these "non-wars" where we bomb and deny "a war exists". Not clear the Tea folks are gonna be coherent on this one either..

But the Tea Party hasn't been tested as much as Libertarians either. They just piggy-back on the Repub. Party while we have to sweat money and blood just to make it onto the ballot in 50 states every election cycle.. Most folks have no idea how hard it is to do that. And if the Tea Party had that challenge every couple years, to exist as a legal recognized party, they'd be too tired to pull up their tights..
I can appreciate you concerns.

I assume you're a registered, or at least active Libertarian?

Good for you, I've got you covered, Officer!!!

Now the really smart guys told me that all you Libertarians care about is legalizing pot...but I don't hold that again ya.

And I don't hold nuttin' again th' Baggers.

But I do understand that once you define your opponent into a one dimensional entity, AKA the strawman, and people buy it...you can demonize them at your leisure.

Now if I'm correct in my assumption that you are a Libertarian, surely you can appreciate what I'm saying.

Chas
Old 07-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Banned

It's always about what type of sex they're having...not about anything else. Those Queers need to get a life.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Resident octogenarian

I saw one of them being interviewed on TV last evening - thick as a brick. They represent what, maybe 2% of the population yet they are going to sit there and send us into a second recession with their stupidity.

If Obama is not much of a leader it sure looks like agent orange is no better. Well if interest rates start heading for the moon maybe our money market funds will start paying off again.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
they campaign against their own best interests

the teabaggers would be fine if they wanted a balanced budget but that is not the case

they simply want cuts in domestic programs

a very different thing

We need cuts in MILITARY, not even on the table from either party!

Do these knuckleheads say a word about this?

We need revenue because this is what got us into this mess.

Do these Neanderthals say a word about this?

and to make matters worse they would rather cut the baby in half and kill it than compromise on custody

I see absolutely no redeeming value in this scourge to America.
Where were YOU noone when the Dems listed $500Bill in cuts to Medicare in order to "pay for" the ObamaCare bill? Where are you GONNA BE when they propose raising the retirement age for SS, and means testing?

Soc Sec needs to be paid for. A difficult proposition because YOU already paid for it once, but the thieves on the HIll STOLE THAT MONEY and skimmed the profit.. The budget CANNOT absorb the liabilities we will see for that fund in the next decade unless we do what EVERYONE said would happen -- and that's to penalize CURRENT workers for the thefts that occurred to PAST workers..

NO MORE COMPROMISE on this shit.. Sorry -- aint' gonna happen. The credit rating is screwed and the American people now know that 1 and 1/2 parties need to go away...

That they aren't serious about the daily management of this country. They THINK it's some kind of elite reward for getting elected to pontificate and pander and lie.. I'm not gonna watch as the DEMs and McCain pow-wow to protect their asses from the coming retribution.. What we need right now is some plea bargains from the guilty on the Hill to prevent US the people from sacking their sorry asses...
Old 07-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Where were YOU noone when the Dems listed $500Bill in cuts to Medicare in order to "pay for" the ObamaCare bill?
I was against Obama care.

Quote:
Where are you GONNA BE when they propose raising the retirement age for SS, and means testing?
I support both and at 58 raising the age would have a large impact on me.

Quote:
Soc Sec needs to be paid for. A difficult proposition because YOU already paid for it once, but the thieves on the HIll STOLE THAT MONEY and skimmed the profit.. The budget CANNOT absorb the liabilities we will see for that fund in the next decade unless we do what EVERYONE said would happen -- and that's to penalize CURRENT workers for the thefts that occurred to PAST workers..
Past workers did not steal it. The stolen monies need to be repaid by theses who stole it.

Quote:
NO MORE COMPROMISE on this shit.. Sorry -- ain't' gonna happen. The credit rating is screwed and the American people now know that 1 and 1/2 parties need to go away...

I am not sure what you mean by no more compromise but if you are suggesting that you support the misguided teabag notion of bowing to the rich we can fight in the streets about it and I am dead serious.

Quote:
That they aren't serious about the daily management of this country. They THINK it's some kind of elite reward for getting elected to pontificate and pander and lie.. I'm not gonna watch as the DEMs and McCain pow-wow to protect their asses from the coming retribution.. What we need right now is some plea bargains from the guilty on the Hill to prevent US the people from sacking their sorry asses...
indeed we agree

I was thinking that just this morning. Let the country default, enjoy a revolution and start anew. As things are now it's a rape game both parties take turns at.