Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
Now are these the New Grew Panthers that Fox warned us about?

Too much thought went into those proposals. It's beyond the attention span of the media.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Area Man

Quote:
So, the GrayPanthers are joining forces with October2011 as well?

Awesome! The more, the merrier! Planning on making it to any protests, Painter? If so, please be careful, the machine is frightened of and dangerous towards these folks. (Which tells me they've struck a nerve.) Take it from me, they think nothing of resorting to violence.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-09-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Who, pray tell, is the head of the Tea Party caucus in Congress? Bachmann, a GOP candidate for President. The GOP is trying to have it both ways with the TP. They give them a seat at the table, buy their dinner, give 'em a feel under the table and deny that they're even dating.
Bachman, who has absolutely zero support from the GOP kingmakers and money machine.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Now are these the New Grew Panthers that Fox warned us about?

Too much thought went into those proposals. It's beyond the attention span of the media.

Regards,

D-Ray

I do not watch Fox or CNN. Instead I read several newspapers and find more unbiased (IMO) information... on a morning news cast not in the running for political ratings.

Personally...I can't wrap my mind around any group listing demands.
The elected officials should open the doors they walked into... as a result of their campaign success. And do the job they were elected to do.

The protests started small and have balooned to include agitators from other states with another agenda to get Obama's jobs bill passed. Which I understand won't go into effect until 2013. OMG! now its becoming a civil rights movement???

http://news.yahoo.com/seasoned-activ...190809337.html
We all have opinions...this is mine.

Last edited by painter; 10-09-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
So, the GrayPanthers are joining forces with October2011 as well?

Awesome! The more, the merrier! Planning on making it to any protests, Painter? If so, please be careful, the machine is frightened of and dangerous towards these folks. (Which tells me they've struck a nerve.) Take it from me, they think nothing of resorting to violence.

Dave
No...I won't be marching anywhere Blue.
In the past...we made our feelings known by phone, mail and vote and will continue to do so.
Each generation has different circumstances and ways of handling them.
More power to them...but they might be careful what they ask for... their futures depends on it!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I do not watch Fox or CNN. Instead I read several newspapers and find more unbiased (IMO) information... on a morning news cast not in the running for political ratings.

Personally...I can't wrap my mind around any group listing demands.
The elected officials should open the doors they walked into... as a result of their campaign success. And do the job they were elected to do.

The protests started small and have balooned to include agitators from other states with another agenda to get Obama's jobs bill passed. Which I understand won't go into effect until 2013,

We all have opinions...this is mine.
From Politico: "The mechanisms to pay for the jobs bill wouldn’t take effect until January 2013, Lew said, while the jobs and economic growth measures would begin immediately."

The use of the term "agitators from other states" is interesting. To the extent that actions taking place on wall street have affected most of us, it would seem like any citizen would have an interest in holding the wall street firms accountable for their conduct. I would be interested in the source of the allegation that the visitors are focused on getting the jobs bill passed.

As far as presenting demands, the First Amendment includes the ability to peaceably assemble to petition for redress of grievances. As mentioned before, wall street's influence over government makes it's population a proper subject of any petition for redress.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-10-2011, 06:30 AM

I find it most interesting that the Constitution is brought up (rightfully) as a bargaining chip when it applies to both parties...yet when the tea party assembled...hate posts were written...irregardless of their rights to assemble.

Wall street passed GO (monopoly) and collected their $200.
Can you say...bail out?

It all boils down to..... follow the money...IMO.

As far as the Jobs Bill...we'll just have to get the details on that one.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I find it most interesting that the Constitution is brought up (rightfully) as a bargaining chip when it applies to both parties...yet when the tea party assembled...hate posts were written...irregardless of their rights to assemble.

Wall street passed GO (monopoly) and collected their $200.
Can you say...bail out?

It all boils down to..... follow the money...IMO.

As far as the Jobs Bill...we'll just have to get the details on that one.
The Constitution is absolutely not a bargaining chip! It is the supreme law of the land. Many tea party advocates wanted to read the Constitution in an extremely narrow way (except for the Second Amendment) Others believe that it is a living document with general principles that must be interpreted in the light of the world as it now exists.

I, for one, never denied that right of the tea party folks to assemble or to seek to make their voices heard. The freedom of expression and the freedom of assembly are not a one way street. The beauty of the First Amendment is that it protects expression all along the spectrum. My right to describe the tea party demands as drivel in no way diminishes the right of the tea party advocates to communicate their drivel. The First Amendment is, however, designed to deprive any group of a monopoly in the marketplace of ideas. The best weapon against the expression of a bad idea is a better idea.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Area Man

Quote:
No...I won't be marching anywhere Blue.
In the past...we made our feelings known by phone, mail and vote and will continue to do so.
Each generation has different circumstances and ways of handling them.
More power to them...but they might be careful what they ask for... their futures depends on it!
I can respect that. And, I whole-heartedly agree, we should be careful what we ask for.

Dave
Old 10-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Aren't we an agreeable bunch

The occupy folks are in Cleveland, if I didn't hit a problem this wekend I would've gone down there with a sign: 'Communism Failed'.

I live to please

Pete