Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:17 AM

From his very first post, the Insane clown has done nothing BUT lie here. His loyalty is not to democracy, but to his Dear Leader. Sad little Trumpkin he is. Pathetic.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
From his very first post, the Insane clown has done nothing BUT lie here. His loyalty is not to democracy, but to his Dear Leader. Sad little Trumpkin he is. Pathetic.
Let me know when you want to start charging me rent and I'll move out.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Looks like Insane-1 is all a-twitter these days about the tRumplican wet dream of taking over the country. Give'em a few years of minority rule and they thing they own the joint
Your inference is incorrect.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I don't have photographic evidence to show the podium from which the presiding officer of the House leads that body, but logic would dictate that it is not within the reach of tourists. But the other photographs are irrefutable evidence that the folks who breached the Capitol are not taking an orderly stroll.

Recall when trump began his presidency lying about the size of the crowd at his inauguration. That was a simple and easily disproven lie. Yet he focused on it to inflate his importance. Similarly, you focused on the orderliness of the invaders - mentioning several times that they stayed within the ropes. Your obvious point was to show that these white law-breakers were somehow better than the people of color who took to the streets to protest violence against other citizens in the name of the law. You use a false premise to build your case, and thereby do harm to any merits of your argument that might exist. Those merits, if they exist, remain hidden.
The crowd on the 6th was HUGE. Yet the damage was incredibly sparse. And no buildings burned, no cars burned, no dumpsters burned, and nobody got free TV's.

There was violence, but it was absurdly sparse. And why did the police simply move the barriers out of the way for the crowd to enter?

I'm not justifying the violence by a few (very few).

And watch what happens in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEkBMHjrj6I

I don't know who the guy was that was bashing the window, but it certainly appears the crowd was at least somewhat self policing. There seem to be some adults there.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:49 AM

Not Insane, you say there was very little violence on the 6th....your inaccurate conclusion indicates a possibility that you are delusional.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:26 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Not Insane, you say there was very little violence on the 6th....your inaccurate conclusion indicates a possibility that you are delusional.
He is either delusional, or says things he knows are blatantly untrue, for some reason or other. His ability to be lucid when he thinks he has space to do it, or it otherwise serves some purpose, convinces me that the second possibility is the actual case.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:02 AM

With the name choice, one will wonder if there is a hidden meaning? Attempting to or trying to convince themself or others otherwise.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:02 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
The crowd on the 6th was HUGE. Yet the damage was incredibly sparse. And no buildings burned, no cars burned, no dumpsters burned, and nobody got free TV's.

There was violence, but it was absurdly sparse. And why did the police simply move the barriers out of the way for the crowd to enter?

I'm not justifying the violence by a few (very few).

And watch what happens in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEkBMHjrj6I

I don't know who the guy was that was bashing the window, but it certainly appears the crowd was at least somewhat self policing. There seem to be some adults there.
I don't see any self-policing going on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1pIkbPvI8s

It is sad that so many people are operating under what Trump's former press secretary called alternative facts. I tend to have some faith in the court system. Certainly, courts make errors. That is why we have an appellate process. I cannot, however, see the logic that would suggest that dozens of courts have engaged in a conspiracy to reject meritorious claims of a stolen election. The more logical conclusion is that there was a failure of proof. And a consistent failure of proof.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I don't see any self-policing going on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1pIkbPvI8s

It is sad that so many people are operating under what Trump's former press secretary called alternative facts. I tend to have some faith in the court system. Certainly, courts make errors. That is why we have an appellate process. I cannot, however, see the logic that would suggest that dozens of courts have engaged in a conspiracy to reject meritorious claims of a stolen election. The more logical conclusion is that there was a failure of proof. And a consistent failure of proof.
Different activity. I didn't say they self policed perfectly. Nobody does. They are, at the end of the day, human beings. Perfection is the enemy of excellence.

And they did self police. It's on video.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
There were a few broken windows. And no toppled statues since they stayed inside the velvet ropes. And how about the chamber itself. What was destroyed?

Asking for a friend.

Here is where this was bad: These people were not burning down their own neighborhood. They were protesting directly outside the building of the people they consider to be the problem - the congress. That is how the right is more dangerous. They go for the people who they actually hold accountable for the madness, and I mean those in government rather than their local Wal-Mart's electronics section. They are serious.

If biden is sworn in, I suspect we are in for very interesting times. I'm really glad I've finally gotten everything set up here on Galt's Knob. I can watch it all from afar. The only violence I plan on participating in, if it comes to that, is defending my property. I trust the Lord to handle this when all is said and done. Life is a mist.

This sort of reminds me of the story of the Exodus. Israel asked, "where is God?" But their enemies asked, "Who is your God?" They both found out - the latter, the hard way.

We are in similar times. Watch and learn.

Last edited by Not Insane; 01-12-2021 at 11:20 AM.