Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:32 PM
Admin

Comey In The Crosshairs?

'Justice Department inspector general to investigate pre-election actions by department and FBI' WP

"The Justice Department inspector general will review broad allegations of misconduct involving the FBI’s investigation of Hillary Clinton’s email practices and the bureau’s controversial decision shortly before the election to announce the probe had resumed, the inspector general announced Thursday.
The probe will be wide ranging — encompassing the FBI’s various public statements on the matter, whether its deputy director should have been recused and whether FBI or other Justice Department employees leaked nonpublic information, according to a news release from Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz.
Lawmakers and others had called previously for the inspector general to probe the FBI’s pre-election actions when it came to the Clinton probe, alleging that FBI Director James B. Comey bucked long-standing policies with his communications about the case and that information seemed to have leaked inappropriately — perhaps to former New York City mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani." WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.49f3503c4331

Good.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:16 PM

Sounds like a prelude to a wrist slapping and nothing more will come of it.

Carl
Old 01-12-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Sounds like a prelude to a wrist slapping and nothing more will come of it.

Carl
Need to leave that sleeping dog alone.

If you want a special prosecutor to dig in to Hillary you can probably still get one.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:37 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Need to leave that sleeping dog alone.

If you want a special prosecutor to dig in to Hillary you can probably still get one.
What would a special prosecutor find that eight congressional committees and the FBI couldn't? Y'all have nothing but Breitbart's hot air from where I sit.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:04 PM

The only reason Comey got involved in this to begin with is because Lynch met with Bill Clinton and had to in effect recuse herself from the normal order of things.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
The only reason Comey got involved in this to begin with is because Lynch met with Bill Clinton and had to in effect recuse herself from the normal order of things.
Yeah, but I'm sure the DOJ isn't interested in investigating that little escapade. I said before, I think the Lynch / Clinton meeting was a set up from the get go to dump all of the Clinton crap in Comey's lap, so Obama's DOJ could keep everything all nice and politicized no matter what.

And that's exactly what happened.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:21 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Yeah, but I'm sure the DOJ isn't interested in investigating that little escapade. I said before, I think the Lynch / Clinton meeting was a set up from the get go to dump all of the Clinton crap in Comey's lap, so Obama's DOJ could keep everything all nice and politicized no matter what.

Y'all don't need fake news. You just make shit up on your own real gud. Ever heard of Occam's Razor?
Old 01-13-2017, 08:31 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

The DOJ IG, if he's like any IG I've ever met, doesn't gives a rat's ass about what Lynch or Comey think (nor Trump or Sessions, for that matter). IG's are some of the few truly independent people in DC.

As for you knowing what actually happened behind the scenes, you have no clue other than what Limbaugh or Fox has told you to believe. The IG investigation's scope is not just Comey, it's the DOJ as well. I trust the IG far more than I trust your Limbaugh-inspired fantasy.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-13-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The DOJ IG, if he's like any IG I've ever met, doesn't gives a rat's ass about what Lynch or Comey think (nor Trump or Sessions, for that matter). IG's are some of the few truly independent people in DC.

As for you knowing what actually happened behind the scenes, you have no clue other than what Limbaugh or Fox has told you to believe. The IG investigation's scope is not just Comey, it's the DOJ as well. I trust the IG far more than I trust your Limbaugh-inspired fantasy.
Problem is that you trust anybody who may come up with something pro democrat and distrust anybody else. Always.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:00 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Problem is that you trust anybody who may come up with something pro democrat and distrust anybody else. Always.
I'm not a Democrat and have never been one. I was a Republican until yer boy, Dubya, screwed the pooch. I've been an Independent ever since and supported Kasich this year. Ideologically, I'm a raging moderate who thinks Trump is about as qualified as PeeWee Herman to be President.