Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Admin

Physical Therapy begins.....

Apologies proffered retroactively and into the future if I've offended anyone too deeply.
Screwed my right shoulder up and after four months of increasing pain I'm finally biting the bullet by letting those shamanistic medicos try to put me right, (I do not trust 'em, they're amateur butchers that are all too often scalpel happy.)
At least there aren't any breaks or fractures according to the xray folk.
So off to the Hoag Memorial today for physical therapy and an MRI.

My GP wouldn't give me anything stronger than 500mg Naproxin which is ineffective without a few fingers of bourbon to wash it down. I'm hoping for some stronger shit cause it ain't healthy starting my day with bourbon and naproxin, of that I'm sure!

Hey, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll prescribe cannabinoids! I wonder what the co pay will be?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Resident octogenarian

Good luck.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Loyal Opposition

I've heard that physical therapists get their training from the Marquis de Sade.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-22-2012, 03:34 PM

When my shoulder acted up last year the only thing that helped was time passing and rest. It was real painful, couldn't even sleep but in short naps. Moving in bed would wake me up.
It was a tear in the shoulder and therapy only made it worse.

Hope yours clears up quickly, I know how bad it can be!

Barney
Old 03-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Area Man

Good luck with that, Bud!

Why is your Doc Scrooge-ing the drugs? Mine gave me enough to last a week and one refill............

Dave
Old 03-22-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Apologies proffered retroactively and into the future if I've offended anyone too deeply.
Screwed my right shoulder up and after four months of increasing pain I'm finally biting the bullet by letting those shamanistic medicos try to put me right, (I do not trust 'em, they're amateur butchers that are all too often scalpel happy.)
At least there aren't any breaks or fractures according to the xray folk.
So off to the Hoag Memorial today for physical therapy and an MRI.

My GP wouldn't give me anything stronger than 500mg Naproxin which is ineffective without a few fingers of bourbon to wash it down. I'm hoping for some stronger shit cause it ain't healthy starting my day with bourbon and naproxin, of that I'm sure!

Hey, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll prescribe cannabinoids! I wonder what the co pay will be?
Naproxin is what the bastards gave me the last time I had a sinus infection.

I filled the script because I didn't know what is was. When I got home my wife told me what it was and I could buy it cheaper at the Dollar Store that what my copay was.

When my back was destroyed, I used to start the day with Oxycodone & whiskey. There were a lot of times that it took me 30 minutes to put my clothes on. And several times I wound up laying in the floor, screaming in pain with tears running down my cheeks.

I would have taken anything to make that go away.

Chas
Old 03-22-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Why is your Doc Scrooge-ing the drugs? Mine gave me enough to last a week and one refill............

Dave
Does it hurt when you laugh?

Chas
Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Dave
I'm guessing that he wants to see the MRI results before masking any pain. I'm going to recommend a course of hillbilly heroin and cannabis to guage his mettle and go shopping if'n he prefers to ignore my concerns. Shit, I can't say that I have much respect for the medical profession in it's present state.

I happened to be in the office when a big pharma rep dropped in and quipped something to the effect that free samples were a good idea. She was trying to find a response when they ushered her in ahead of the line of patients. What can I say? Yes,I'm that much of an asshole... good thing they got her outta my sights cause I was on the verge of complimenting her on all the good work they're doing for my pets. That's about the only hint I'll provide as to which big pharma conglomerate that she represented.

GP's are really social secretaries for the speciali@t trades now. Far different from the days of the old family GP to the detriment of their patients and their profession. There are far too many ambulance chasers in the medical field. I do have a teensey bit of insight, the wife was a rep for Searle when Rummy came in and butt fucked what was a decent pharma company.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 PM

I hope your shoulder gets better. How did you injure it?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Does it hurt when you laugh?

Chas
Uh, Huh.

And when I sneeze or cough.

Dave